Chapter 25

Navraj Singh

"Who wants to die?" I reached for my phone sitting on my side table.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked.

"I want your wife dead" I got up with a jerk. What the hell did this guy say?

"What. The. Fuck. Did. You. Say."

"Spend as much time with her as you want, soon enough, she'll be dead"

It's got to be Inder!

The line went dead.

I felt someone shaking me. I turned to see Isha sadly looking at me.

"What are we going to do?" She asked. I could see the tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

I pulled her close and shut my eyes.

"I'm not going to let anyone even touch a hair on your head" I placed a kiss on her temple.

The next morning, bright and early, Isha and I drove to her parent's place.

I rang the doorbell for him to answer in his pj's and with his hair looking like a bird's nest.

"Why are you here so early?" He asked yawning.

"Inder and Jasnoor threatened Isha and we need to execute the plan. Now" I explained.

We entered his apartment and he went to get ready.

I called Divi and Manny to come.

"So what you're saying is, that son of a bitch called you in the middle of the night and threatened to kill my sister?" Roop asked after I explained everything. I nodded. I heard her mumble a few curses and punch the couch.

"We've got to execute the plan now." Arsh sighed.

I noticed Isha wiping her cheeks every so often. She eventually got up and excused herself to the bathroom.

"I'll go talk to her," Roop said but I stopped her.

As Isha's husband, it's my responsibility to make sure she is okay and if I can't do that I'm a poor excuse of a husband.

I walked over to the bathroom with the locked door and heard her sobs.

Luckily I know where the keys were so I took the keys from her room and I opened the door.

She was sitting on the floor crying her eyes out. I sat next to her and she cried on my shoulder.

"It's not fair that everyone has to worry so much about me.." she choked.

"Ishpreet Kaur, we are your family. We must worry about you because we knew you worried about us. We're in this together" I scolded her.

"But Navi..." I placed my hand on her mouth.

"You don't have to worry about a thing. Just stay by my side" I took my hand off of her mouth.

"Always" she wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder.

For the first time in years, I felt loved...

Roop took Isha for a stroll as we discussed the plan.

"I want him fucking dead" Arsh pounced his fist against the couch.

"So do we. So here is the plan. First, we will prove that Inder tried killing Isha, by getting into the security system from that night. I'm sure Inder planned something" Manny sadly smiled at Arsh, Simar, and Manan. "Second, I will tell my boss and I'll plan something out with him. Third, we need evidence on Jasnoor being behind the accident the other night. And fourth, we fight for what's true"