Chapter 5

Ishpreet Kaur

"Mumma! Papa! Tsunami! Run!" I jumped up.

My three devils -I mean sisters- began laughing.

I started chasing them around the house.

Roop hid behind him.

Perfect place to hide! Perfect, just perfect!

"Wait, what are you doing here?" Roop asked. She's finally asking something decent.

"Mom sent me over to invite you all for dinner. She said that we should finalize the Roka date"

Did Mummy say it or he's saying it?

I noticed him staring at my chest.

Fucking shameless

I quickly folded my arms against my chest.

"Of course. We'll be there" Nani grinned. Great. Another dinner.

Mere sirch pathar maro

"Does your mom need any help jija ji? Isha's an amazing cook" Roop smirked. Why does this girl always try to set us up?! It's not gonna happen.

"Yeah, mom asked if I could bring Isha along. Seerat phabi put dad and I in charge of watching the kids but ma and her need help cooking" he looked at mom, basically pleading with his eyes.

"No, I can't come. I'm sorry." I locked my eyes on him.

"Why?" Mumma asked.

"I don't feel good" I lied.

"Jama gap hai! Massi, she's lying" I'm going to kill Roop. "From the inside, she's all like dil mera paunda boliyan"

Fuck this shit!

"Roop, go get my clothes out while I shower" I sighed. She grinned and followed me upstairs.

● ● ●

"Phabi, what are you doing here?" Manny asked after he opened the door for us.

I was way too busy fixing my suit to notice that he had nail polish on.

We entered the house and I saw dad and Kirt cuddling on the couch watching Chaar Sahibzaade

We entered the house and I saw dad and Kirt cuddling on the couch watching Chaar Sahibzaade. I used to be the same with my nanu. I still am.

The theme Shabad began playing and I was lost.

"Where's the bathroom?" I asked, trying to hold back my tears. Navraj pointed to the closed door. I locked myself in the bathroom and ripped a few pieces of toilet paper so I could wipe my tears.

I cry every time I hear these shabad's.

How could someone be so ruthless as to separate 4 brothers and end their lives? Our Sahibzaade were braver than anyone could ever imagine.