Chapter 20

Navraj Singh

"We won't let your love lose. We'll fight for you" Phabi pulled me into a hug.

"It's over phabi. I love Isha but her family doesn't accept me at this moment" I pulled away and left only to be stopped by her screaming.

"NAVRAJ SINGH! QUIT MOPPING AROUND AND BECOME A MAN! YOUR WIFE HAS CALLED ME 17 TIMES TO SEE IF YOU'RE OKAY" Phabi shouted. She's clearly pissed off. Manny, Divi, and I all flinched at her screaming. "I'm going to go talk to daddy and you're coming"

"I'll come too," Divi said. She nodded and we walked to mom and dad's room.

Phabi banged on the door for mom to open it.

"Daddy, what you're doing isn't right" Divi exclaimed.

"Preeto, can you shut the door?" Mom shut the door and stood next to me.

"Daddy, why are you torturing Navi like that. He doesn't deserve it. And over there, Jassi uncle is torturing Isha. Neither of them deserves this" Phabi sadly said.

"I know he doesn't. He just needs to learn that a girl like Isha only needs two things. Love and respect. She's spent her entire life hated by her father's side of the family. Unloved by Navraj. Almost killed by her ex-boyfriend. Navraj then fell in love with her. And there's more to that. Her life's been confusing from the start. And what happened at Sukhman's party is unacceptable." he explained.

"Dad, hear me out please" I paused. "I know that Isha and my past is pretty rough, but we've both put it behind us. We love each other. What happened at that party, no one wants to kill Inder more than I do"

Dad shook his head and pointed at the door. I took a deep breath before storming out of the room.

I grabbed my keys and flew out the door. Not paying any heed to Manny calling out for me.

I need a drink. Or maybe 15.

I parked my car in the VIP parking of the office before storming inside.

"Don't allow anyone in my office" I told my secretary.

As soon as I stepped foot into my office, I opened the safe that sat in a corner and took out the whiskey. I popped open the cork before pouring it into my glass.

● ● ●

"Oh, lord! How many glasses have you had?" Manny asked.

I showed him the empty bottle and laughed. "I had it all" I slurred.

"At least it wasn't desi" he shrugged. "Come on big guy, time to get you home"

"I want to go to Isha" I whined.

"You can go to her later" he pulled me up.

"No! Now!"

● ● ●

"You're up!" I slowly sat up with my head pounding. What the fuck happened.

"Do you mind telling me why you drank an entry bottle of whiskey?" Phabi deadpanned. How do I always manage to piss her off?

No! Take me to Isha now!

"So I threw a temper tantrum?" I asked Manny who nodded, irritably.

"Wait till Isha finds out. She'll kill you" Divi shook his head exasperated. Shit! If Isha finds out, she'll kill me! And she's really strong. Maybe Mumma and papa shouldn't have put her in taekwondo. She did stop until she was a 3rd-degree blackbelt.

"I'm was tired," I said before sitting up straight on the bed.

"You were tired?" he angrily asked.

"I still am tired" I retorted.

"Of what?" He crossed his arms against his chest.

"Of my life!" I exclaimed before breaking down. "My ex-girlfriend cheated on me! The girl I love was almost killed by her ex who was our friend! Her parents found out and are pissed at me! I have no idea what to do! I need her! I want her even though I know I don't deserve her!"

I felt a small pair of arms that belonged to Kirt wrap around me. I rest my head on her shoulder and took a deep breath.

"Why did they leave me?" I sighed. My life is horrible.

"I'm going to get you food, Okay?" Phabi said to which I nodded.

"I want to get married!" We all turned to look at Harry as if he had grown 9 heads.

"Bro, getting married is like banging your head against the wall" I replied, laughing. Isha gaped at me.

"You're a moron" Divi laughed. "You're saying that in front of your wife who you literally just married a month ago"

I had finally realized what I had said and begun running.

"What did you say?! 'Getting married is like banging your head against the wall' huh!" Isha shouted as I chased him around the room with everyone laughing.

"I'm sorry Isha" he suddenly stopped running and began doing sit-ups while holding his ears.

"Do 45 push-ups" She ordered. I took a deep breath and got down on the floor.

50 push-ups later, my wife was pleased.

Isha flipped her hair and spun on her heels before walking into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry baby" I hugged her from behind. She ignored me.

I started leaving hot, wet kisses up her neck to her jawline.

She elbowed me in the stomach and I winced in pain. She smirked in victory.

"Oh don't worry baby, you won't be smirking for long"

She turned around and narrowed her eyes at me.

"What do you mean Mr. Singh?" She angrily asked as she held the knife at me.

"Nothing" I kissed her cheek before exiting the kitchen with a sly smile on my face.

"What are you thinking about?" Phabi shook me out of my trance.

"When will her parents forgive me?" I asked with a sad smile playing on my face.

"Soon"

"Navi, if I was in Jassi uncle's place I would've done the same. I have two daughters, I know how he must feel." Divi said. "Back in the day, having a daughter was a curse. But, I always wanted a daughter from the start. And I know Jassi uncle wanted the same. Daughters just make you feel more loved than sons ever would"

Maybe I should talk to papa.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.