Chapter 21

Ishpreet Kaur

It's been 4 days since the party and 3 days since my parents found out about everything.

Roop has tried everything to get me to stop crying but nothing has worked. I can't even make myself stop crying.

"I've had it!" Roop yelled in the room where only she, Simar, and I were.

"I know" he let out a breath.

"Get up" she commanded. "Ishpreet Kaur gets your ass up" she raised her voice.

"Nothing can be done, guys. Now, all we can do is wait" I whimpered.

"Who said nothing can be done? I'll make sure you and Navi have your happily ever after. I'm Harsimar Singh. No one can stop me". Fukra. I looked up and smiled at him.

I jumped off the bed and hugged my brother. I looked at Roop who grinned before joining the hug.

"I have an idea" Reva squealed.

"What is it? You always have the best ideas" Roop squealed, rolling her eyes.

"Rude" Reva scoffed. I rolled my eyes at their childish behavior. "Simar, you will book a reservation at a restaurant for everyone tonight. While they're gone, we'll sneak Isha out with her suitcase and she'll go back to the house" she explained.

Simar took a deep breath before taking out his phone. Hopefully, this plan works.

"Hello. Yes, I would like to make a reservation of 2 for 7 pm tonight under the name Singh" Simar sounded annoyed.

We blew a kiss at him and he groaned.

"Thank you. Bye," Simar hung up.

"Reet and Avni you go tell them to get ready and I'll find a way to convince Manan and Arsh to forgive Navi" I explained.

"Yes, boss" they chuckled.

Hopefully, this is a success.

*Ring Ring*

"Yeah phabi"

"Isha, Navi drank an entire bottle of whiskey and was drunk and cried and there was a lot of drama" she ranted.

"HE WHAT?!" I noticed the girls cover their ears at my screaming.

"You needed to know. And he threw a temper tantrum" She sighed.

He's so dead.

"Thanks for telling me. I'll kick his ass when I get home"

"Okay," she laughed. "Bye"

Watch Navi, Imma kill you when I come home.

● ● ●

"Manan we need you to do something for us," I told my youngest brother.

"Yea?" Manan looked up from his computer.

"Can you help us sneak Isha out of the house? Without telling anyone?" Roop asked. He gasped. My brothers are so dramatic!

"Ok. I'll help. Only because I don't like you crying" he gave in.

Roop and I squealed and side hugged him when Simar entered the room.

"He said yes?" He asked to which we nodded. We all started dancing without music. We stopped when they heard someone clear their throat.

"Arsh? How much did you hear?" I asked.

"Enough" he paused. "I guess we're getting you out of here" Arsh sighed.

"You're welcome" Simar bowed. I playfully glared at him.

"We are leaving kids" the elders shouted from downstairs.

We all raced downstairs and said bye with grins on our faces.

After everyone left, Roop and I rushed upstairs to get my stuff.

"We are all taking a huge risk, but this risk is worth it" Arsh spoke.

"I can't thank you guys enough for helping me. It's just I don't know if Navi wants to take me back. He promised to love me forever but he said he wants the older people's permission and we don't have papa's permission" I teared up.

"Oye! I've had phabi call me 50 times a day because he cries over you. I know what's on his mind. He wants you back. He called me every day in the past 3 days saying he doesn't have the guts to talk to you until he convinces Massard ji" Roop held my hands.

The 10 of us hugged before getting into our cars and driving to the house

● ● ●

When we reached Arsh and Simar rang the doorbell.

"Hey, guys" Navi opened the door. I hid by the bricks to not be seen. My siblings ignored him and entered.

"Will anyone tell me why you all are here?" Navi asked my dufus siblings who were sitting on the couch watching TV.

"I will" I entered. His eyes softened.

"Isha, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"We had to come up with a huge plan just to be able to get Isha here. You're welcome" Roop cut in. I glared at both of my sisters who were smirking at me.

I grabbed his face and turned it to face me.

"Just because you want my father's permission doesn't mean you'll leave me. We'll face him together. I don't care. I'm only yours" I yelled at him before capturing his lips in a passionate kiss.

"Mission Save NavPreet accomplished!" Manny cheered.

"From now on, we will fight for our love" Navi held my hand.

"Always" I smiled.

"Always" The others cheered.

"Wait! Phabi told me that you drank a whole bottle of whiskey to drown your sorrows?" I cocked an eyebrow at him. He nervously chuckled and scratched his neck! He always does that when he's nervous! "You drank a whole bottle of whiskey!" I screamed.

"So you disobeyed us" I turned around to see my family with dead looks on their faces. I'm dead.

"Guys, please hear me out" I ranted.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm proud of you," Papa said. We all looked at him as if he had grown 25 heads. "You're trying to settle down and start your career and family. Whenever I see you, I see your mother"

"Aww, papa" I teared up. I ran to my father and jumped into his arms.

My nana ji came to this country when he was 22 so he could build a foundation for his kids and their kids. And he had done exactly that. I could never purposefully disappoint anyone of them. I'd die before I did.

"I trust you" Navi looked up at Papa. "I want nothing but happiness for you and my daughter"

"Thank you, papa"

I smiled. This was a success...

 This was a success