Chapter 33

Ishpreet Kaur

First, I have to go to work, and then Simar's game. Ugh, today is so busy!

I threw myself off the bed and into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth as fast as I possibly could before getting dressed.

As usual, I'm late! Navraj thought it'd be funny to not wake me up.

"Mummy, I'm going to work! Navi should be home by 5 and I'll be home by 5:30. Be ready to go to the other house." I shouted from the door. Mummy always wakes up on time and does pathe. I do pathe on my way to work.

It's an amazing way to start off my day so I do not have any difficulty. During my grieving period, whenever I would do pathe, which was every day, I felt at peace with myself.

"Is Navraj's money not enough that you need to go work?!" We turned around to see Navi's dadi standing by the stairs looking pissed.

"Don't worry Isha, just go to work and have an amazing day." She smiled. I hugged her before walking out.

I had always been afraid that my mother-in-law wouldn't like me and that she'd be like my dadi, but I was wrong. She is just like my mother. She is my second mother.

I'm so worried about Simar's game. Last night, he called me freaking out.

Speak of the devil.

"Yeah, Simar?"

"I'm freaking out!"

"Don't worry! You'll do amazing!" I chuckled. "And go to the gurudwara before the game"

"Alright, I'm going to get ready"

"Bye." I laughed before hanging up.

I don't feel like going to work now. It's supposed to be my off day, but I don't want to sit at home and do nothing.

A smirk crossed my lips as I thought of a way to spend my day.

❤❤❤

"Well hello, there Dr. Kaur." Nancy grinned at me.

"Hey, Nancy. Is he in there?" I giggled as she nodded.

"He needs to be less of a workaholic" She admitted. I nodded in agreement.

I walked into his office and watched him work.

"Get out of here Manny." He said, not looking up from his computer.

How rude?!

I cleared my throat causing him to look up.

"The last time I checked, Manny had a beard," I smirked.

"What are you doing here buggad?" He asked grinning. I grinned and walked over to him.

"I decided to skip work today." I sat in his lap. He buried his head in my neck. I feel so much better just being with him.

Damn, I'm becoming so clingy. I've always been clingy, but never this much.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked. "Wait, let me guess! You're thinking about how you're so in love with me." He smirked. I chuckled and nodded. That was easy.

"What time do we have to go to the house?" He asked. I checked the time on my watch and smiled.

"We have time"

❤❤❤

Navi and I walked into the house and saw all of his favorite foods.