Chapter 19

Ishpreet Kaur

"Isha, you're parents called, they want us all to go over there for a talk" Navi sighed. Shit! They've found out! We are so dead.

"Who told them?!" Phabi asked, raising her voice.

"I believe it was Jasnoor, but it could be anyone" Navi sighed. Ugh! This is so frustrating!

I guess we'll have to find out.

● ● ●

As soon as we entered the house, Navi and I were surrounded. Here come the questionnaires. They're no less than the press.

"Thank God nothing happened to you"

"How could you not tell us"

There was a lot of talking going on and I couldn't keep up.

"What are you guys talking about?!" Daddy finally asked.

"Isha was attacked at the party they went to" Manan growled. Ugh! I'm going to kill whoever told them.

"It was your fault. You were the one who wasn't there to help her" Arsh grabbed Navi's collar and bashed him against the wall.

"Arshdeep Singh! Let go of your jija right this instant!" I exclaimed. "And you all are wrong! Navi is the person who saved me! If he wasn't there I could've died!"

"You could have told us about Inder! We would've protected you!" Simar exclaimed.

"Yeah! By telling the entire family!" I retorted. The only people who knew about Inder were Roop, Naomi, Bailee, and Reva. And of course, his dufus friends who called me Phabi. I was 13! And I hated them all! I had never even met any of them.

"Is it true Isha? Were you dating that boy?" Papa deadpanned. I'm a goner.

I nervously chuckled and nodded. "But, I broke up with him twice in 6 days because I hated him" I attempted to defend myself.

"That doesn't change the fact that you did date him" Massard ji angrily gritted his teeth. "Yesterday's incident is proof of why we don't want you girls dating anyone. He could've killed you"

"And it's all this person's fault. He's the reason you and Inder knew each other" Mamu grabbed Navi's collar. What's wrong with my family today?

"STOP!" I screamed. Everyone turned to look at me. I walked over to my husband and stood firmly next to him. "Why do you all think that it's Navi's fault?" I finally asked, sighing.

"I don't think he's. They're all crazy" Roop shrugged. Not helpful child!

"Isha, he's hurt you before, we just thought maybe..." Arsh trailed off.

"I think you all should leave now" Papa folded his hands in front of Daddy.

"Papa" I whispered, slightly shocked.

"YOU DON'T SAY ANYTHING! YOU'RE STAYING HERE!" I flinched. He's never raised his voice at me like this.

"Jaspreet..." Mumma cut Daddy off.

"Paji, Penji, I think you should go" She sadly said.

They can't be doing this! I glanced at massi for help but all she did was look away.

Navi stormed towards me and claimed me in the most passionate kiss ever.

"Don't fight it, stay here until everything is sorted out" And without saying another word, they walked out. I felt my heart shatter as if it were glass. This can't be happening.

"Keeping me here won't change the fact that I'm married to the man that you've just humiliated! Nothing will change the fact that I love him!" I shouted before storming up to my room.

"Isha, just don't fight it until Navi sorts it out. It'll be better for you both" Reva sighed.

"Just when I thought everything was getting better, it all got worse" My voice shook. Roop sighed and crisscrossed her legs for me to rest my head-on. "After 10 years, things went back to the way I wanted them, only for this to happen. Just when we both said I love you"

My bedroom door flew open only to reveal Naomi and Bailee.

"I knew Inder was bad news! He's ruined everything!" Bailee exclaimed.

"Bailee, we have worse things to worry about" Reet sighed.

"Like what?" Naomi asked, slightly shocked. They know almost everything that's happened in my life after the age of 13. Literally almost everything.

"Our family thinks that it's Navraj's fault Inder attacked Isha!" Roop exclaimed. "They've officially lost their minds!" I bit my lip to control myself from crying.

*Ring Ring*

"Didi, jiju's calling," Avni said, looking at my phone. I quickly sat up and answered the call.

"WHY'D YOU JUST LEAVE?!" I cried.

"You better not be crying" he sighed. "You know what happens when you cry"

"You can't stop me!" I retorted. "You shouldn't have left like that"

"Your family almost killed me" He exclaimed. Why is he right? I absolutely hate when he's right!

"But jiju, what are we going to do?" Reet asked. "Papa, dadu, and both fuffard ji's hate you. The three paji's are also pretty angry"

"Reet, we aren't going to do anything. They say that time's the best healer" I can see him frowning right now.

"Oye, Navi, knowing my sister, she's not gonna wait at all." Roop rolled her eyes. I glared at her.

Duffer.

"I told you not to speak to him!" We turned around to see a very angry Dr. Jaspreet Singh.

"Papa, Navraj didn't do anything. He's innocent. It was all Inder and Jasnoor" I whimpered.

"Isha, hang up and come to my room" He sighed. I nodded and followed him.

"Look puttar, I know that you love Navraj, and it's not that I don't trust him. It's just-" he paused "-after I heard about what happened at Sukhman's party, I got scared. I could never even imagine something like that happening to you"

"Papa, that doesn't mean that you can just blame Navi" I sadly smiled. "He's the one who saved me. Other than the police officer, of course."

"I know we shouldn't have blamed him" he paused. "But that doesn't change my decision. You're staying here"

"But papa!" I whined.

"Isha, I can't trust him until I know the entire truth" Papa took a deep breath.

"But you chose him for me when I hated him! Nanu was the one who wanted us to get married! Mamu and Massard ji loved him for me!" I almost cried. Yes, I am a cry baby.

"Isha, I'm not changing my decision"