Chapter 37

Navraj Singh

"Thank you all so much for coming," I said "We have a piece of news to share that would not be complete without our family," I added.

"Umm... Kirt, Leena, come here" Isha stuttered. They all looked up at me and Veer walked over. "Baby do you want a sister or brother?" She smiled. All of their eyes widened.

"I want both!" They cutely replied. Everyone's jaw dropped.

IMMA BE A FUCKING FATHER!

"I'm gonna be a nanu!" My father-in-law exclaimed.

"And I'm gonna be a dadu!" Dad added before they hugged each other.

Roop was standing in shock.

Isha walked over to her and put her hand on her stomach. Roop gasped in realization making me chuckle.

"Matto... I'm gonna be a massi" she cried and pulled me into a hug. I looked at Arsh whose jaw dropped. He pulled us apart and hugged me.

Roop started whining until Harleen interrupted her "Let's call everyone for a dinner and tell them" we all nodded and started making phone calls."I'm gonna be a tayi!" Phabi squealed.

Mumma got overexcited and started crying. My saaliyan started planning cute outfits. My brothers and saale were discussing what games to play with the baby.

"My daughter is going to have her own baby!" My mother-in-law kissed her forehead before hugging the both of us.

Everyone was chattering when I noticed Avleen sitting in a corner on the couch. I walked over and sat next to her.

"Hey, kid." I smiled.

"Hey, jeej." She glanced at me for a second before looking back at the ground as if it were the prettiest thing in the world.

"Why are you sad? You're going to be a massi!" I grinned. She shrugged. "You know you can tell me anything."

"It's just, didi used to spend all of her time with us, and now we barely talk. Now that she's pregnant, she won't ever have time for us. She'll always be busy with the baby." Her lip quivered as if she would burst into tears any second. "I miss my older sister." She cried.

I softly smiled as I hugged her.

"You know she loves you?" She nodded. "You know that you're her favorite?" She nodded once again. "Bacha look, your didi isn't the same anymore, but that doesn't mean she doesn't try. She tries so hard to make everyone happy and sometimes, it just doesn't happen. Now, she's going to be a mom and it's not going to be easy, she'll need your support. She needs her family. She needs you." She nodded. "Now you go over there and give your sister the tightest hug ever." She grinned.

"You're always going to be my favorite jeej." She said before hugging me. I grinned and reciprocated.

She got up and went to hug Isha.

"Congrats pra!" GG came over to hug me. I grinned and thanked him.

I got up and threw her in the air and spoke "Thank you... thank you so much..." I claimed her lips and kissed her passionately.

"Oh, hello. There are kids here" Avni interrupted our kiss. I glared at her and everyone started laughing.

"Let's go guys. Isha needs rest. Jiju, take her to the hospital tomorrow" Roop ordered. I nodded. We all said our goodbyes and everyone left.

We walked up to our bedroom. Isha went to the washroom to change. I sat on the bed as I waited for her.

She's given me the greatest gift of my life.