Epilogue

3rd Person

"Saaru, where are you?!" Isha called for her daughter.

"Right here, Mumma!"

It's been 6 years since the birth of their little star and she is definitely a blessing in their lives. The day she was born was the happiest of their married life.

Two years after Saarpreet, Sukhraj was born. Sukhraj is the naughtiest child in the family. Isha says he got that from Simar. No one doubts it.

Saarpreet came and sat on Navraj's lap while Sukhraj sat on his mother's.

Raising Saarpreet and Sukhraj has been something. Sometimes Isha calls it a blessing and at times she calls it torture. Apparently, it reminds her of her and her siblings when they were young.

While Sukhraj is a Mumma's boy, Saaru is a daddy's girl. They are so spoiled. Whenever I come home I bring them something. And same with the others. No matter how much Isha scolds us, we don't listen. After all, it's our job to spoil our kids, but we raise them well.

Their entire family settles around the kitchen counter. Today is Navraj's birthday lunch and let's say he is getting very old. It's a good thing he had his kids at 29 and 31.

Whoa, I'm slowly turning into my father. That's not a very good thing.

"Let's get cooking. I'll make the main course. Simar and Manan cut the tomatoes. Roop and Reet you cut the onions and cucumbers. Arsh, GG, and Divi paji take out all the masale. Navi and Manny, I want you to roll the atta. Kiran and Phabi, make the dessert please." Isha explained. They all nodded.

I got stuck in the house of crazy people.

"Rude!" Everyone exclaimed.

Did they hear?

"Yes, we did," They all said together. Navraj gave a nervous chuckle and went back to his work.

Isha walked over and saw a watery mess.

"Guys, what the hell is this? How am I going to make roti's now?" She yelled at them. Manraj was about to say something when his phone rang. Saved by the phone. Ughhh. He walked away and so Navraj was left.

"Navi, do it all over again," Isha said calmly. He nodded and went over to the flour station. He was lucky Isha had finished her part.

Isha noticed Simar and Manan struggling with the tomatoes. Roop and Reet bit their lips to hold back their laughter.

Manraj had come back from his work phone call and started helping Isha was last-minute food items.

Navraj had also finished kneading the dough. He got a wicked idea for what to do with the dough that he and Manraj made first. He sneaked up behind her and put it on Isha's cheeks.

"NAVI I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Isha stopped what she was doing and began running after him.

Roop snuck behind GG and stood on her toes to put the dough on his face. As soon as she did, GG turned around and gave her a playful glare. He knew how much this girl loved teasing people.

"Sorry, baby." Roop held her ear. He grinned and smeared atta all over her face.

"BASTARD!"

Manraj grabbed some dough and threw it on Kiran.

"Who did that?" She asked pouting.

Manraj pointed at Navraj who pointed at him.

"Really mature." Navraj innocently batted his eyelashes.