마흔둘

forty-two

forty-two

maheundul

Her entire body trembled and she had lost her voice from screaming and crying. Black. All around. Black. The silk bag still covered her face and her arms were beginning to hurt from the awkward positioning. Whoever had taken her had thrown her on her side...thankfully. It was so dark and cold, the ground hard. The sound of a door opening alerted her and she began to make noise, words turning into mumbles of sound thanks to a thick piece of bamboo reed forced into her mouth. She quieted down as solid footsteps grew closer. They stopped right in front of her face. She attempted to make another sound but a hand grabbed her by the hair and yanked her head back, forcing a sharp pain to zip down the side of her neck. She protested all to be quieted by a chilling sound.

"Shhh......" Fear now sliced through her and the hand released her hair, roughly shoving her. Tears welled up in her eyes as the sound of the door opened and closed once more. Oh God....what was happening... Why was this happening.... She could not stop her body from trembling and jolted as the door opened once more. Hands yanked her up roughly, ignoring her cries and pleas, they forced her to walk and soon she was made to stop. Those same hands yanked the silk bag off of her head and cut the ties that bound her. Turning, she found three guards standing at the door, hands on their swords.

"What is the meaning of this?" She demanded, eyes filled with tears. Her question was met with silence.

"ANSWER ME!"

"I have some questions." Gasping, two of the men part and let Cheol-su enter the room. Dressed head to toe in a dark navy blue hanbok, even the belt around his waist in the dark appeared black and it sent chills down her spine. His hair was pulled up and away from his face in a ponytail, bangs caressing one side of his face. With the flicker of the candlelight that cast shadows upon him, if she didn't know any better... she'd say that he was the grim reaper having come to collect his next victim.

"Cheol-su, what is this....what are you doing?"

"As of now, just a simple conversation." He stepped into the room and she jumped as the doors behind him closed.

"What else ensues is completely up to you."

***

Fingers gripped each other underneath the table and eyes lifted to see the woman bring a kettle of tea towards the low table.

"Tiye-eonnie..."

"I'm glad you could visit." She gave a pretty smile and sat down. She'd left her hair down and it tumbled down her back like a thick gorgeous waterfall. Her servant Anat had placed a flower pin in her hair as decoration to the matching flowers sowed into her pink hanbok. Various shades of pink, ranging from a purplish pink to a light cherry blossom pink adored her, and truth be told... she looked radiant. A becoming lip tint stained her lips and she smiled at her glance.