서른

Seoreun

Seoreun

thirty 

"Is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"That the Crown Prince has returned?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen him myself. But, talk in the courts is that the first born interrogates him in the hold."

"It would be a wonder if he returned as claimed."

"Do you think that the King will strip him of his position?"

"Ahem." The gossip ceased immediately as the huddled men turned to face a Head Official.

"Instead of gathering together your noses in gossip, you should all return to your posts."

"Y-yes sir." The younger men all scurried along, eager to escape the reprimanding shrewd eyes of the man. Keeping his lips pursed, he straightened up and continued on with his stroll. Indeed it would be interesting to see what happened to the prince. He too would wait in anticipation.

***

Blood splattered across the cold cement floor, haggard breath following.

"Pyeha, perhaps this is enough. The King must still have his audience with him."

"I decide when I'm done." He answered, kicking his little brother in the chest.

"You find this funny you little fuck?" Answering with taunting eyes, his lips coated with blood opening to show teeth stained with red.

"I wouldn't... expect any other welcoming...from you.. but this." He breathed, blood and saliva oozing down his chin as his smile grew wider.

"It's good to see you haven't..changed...Hyung."

"Fucking bastard." That earned him another kick, this time to the side.

"P-pyeha...please...your father will not be pleased finding him like this." Nostrils wide and flared, he twisted up his mouth in contempt. For a moment, the servants grew cold as he lifted his gaze, one eye starting to swell and blacken.

"Let us get him ready for his audience." Sneering, the older male left him to be lifted by the servants and taken to the medicinal sector.

***

Inside his chambers sat the King and the feeling of unease grew in his stomach. Not only was he uneasy but he was full out furious. Word had reached him that Cheol-su had returned some time in the previous night. Seo-Jun had immediately went to address the returning prince but with it being half past noon he worried that things between the brothers had grown violent.