Yeol

(ten)

** GRAPHIC DEPICTION OF BATTLE WITHIN* 

He heard faint noise, faint white noise. He couldn't quite distinguish who or what it was. Through it all, he heard crying. Yelling. He groaned and his eyes opened. In slow motion, a dark woman charged at men half her height, splitting open their stomachs and piercing their hearts with her arrow. She was enlivened with complete and utter rage and it showed, in her cry, in her movements. Groaning again, he felt himself come to more and more and soon unbelievable pain shocked his body, chilling it with sweat and heat. Gritting his teeth, he grunted as he tried to stand. Glancing down at the arrow that protruded from his body, he too felt anger. Rage. Betrayal. Taking hold of the arrow, he snapped it in half, gripping the other end tightly in his hand.

"He's alive!" He heard one of the bastards yell but he didn't give him a chance to talk anymore, jabbing the end of the arrow into the side of his neck, pressing down deep until blood gushed out and his once bulging eyes grew empty. He grabbed the man's bow and arrow and took out the approaching three men.

"Wangja-nim!" Tiye stood behind him, face covered in blood. Tears in her eyes.

"I...I thought they had killed you." He inhaled shakily before coming towards her.

"I will not die so easily eolin-i."

"Behind you!" Before he could move, she'd fired an arrow, piercing him in the neck.

"We must find our camp and...get the fuck out of here." He struggled, pain increasing with every breath.

"Agreed." As they turned, two archers stood there, arrows pointed at them both.

"You two will most certainly die here." Neither of them said anything and he moved before they fired, shoving her back into the dust. He fell on top of her, hands trying to brace his weight. Barely successful, he breathed haggardly, sweat dripping from his nose.

"Wangja-nim..."

"We must...abort this mission Tiye. Right now... our lives are more important." He grit his teeth in a loud anguished groan, reaching for his side. Tears welled up in her eyes and she lifted hands to press against his chest. Taking the cue, he moved his body to the side, laying on his uninjured side.

"Stay here. Please." She spoke softly before turning to get up.

"No!" Pulling her back towards him, he sat up, eyes full of fire.

"What did...I tell you? Stay at my right side at all times." Tightening his grip on her hand, he swallowed the pain down, breathing hard through his nostrils.

"Do not deviate." She bit her lip.

"Will you forsake my order?" Coming to squeeze his hand back, she shook her head.

"No...Wangja-nim."

"Good." A large man came out of nowhere and punched her in the jaw. Down she went.

"Tiye!"

"Your little woman will not survive. And neither will you." He lifted his fist to strike him but instead struck earth as he rolled away. Adrenaline kicked in and blocked the pain as they ran towards each other, colliding with one another. He punched him in the jaw in return and tried to get his hands around his neck but the much larger man turned, smashing him back against the ground. He lifted his knee and pushed at the protruding piece of arrow in his side, bringing an enraged yell from him. He head-butted him once, twice, thrice before he finally repealed, falling on his side.