스물둘

Seumuldul

(twenty-two)

Song: Aphrodite-RINI

He stood by the large pooling waters, the multitude of people once there now gone. Having been bathed, he declined to wear any of their foreign clothes. Declined anything and everything except one thing. To see Tiye. His mind raced a thousand miles per minute and he had begun his unfortunate pacing before a voice stopped him. Turning, he found the woman Tiye had called her sister earlier. She spoke in a language he didn't understand but the tone suggested friendliness and dripped in curiosity. Swallowing, she lifted a hand and beckoned him towards her. He moved not, jaw tight as he observed her. Where was she to lead him?

Laughing softly to herself, she pursed her lips and it amazed him just how much like Tiye she appeared.

"Tiye?" She asked, voice humored. At that, he blinked and slowly gave a nod.

"Tiye." He answered, swallowing tightly. She pointed towards a long corridor and he quickly put two and two together. She was going to take him to her. Again, he nodded. Smiling gently, she beckoned him forward with a hand and he slowly inched his way towards her.

***

Golden paste trailed down her arm, the consistency that of a cream, full of shimmers.

"That strange man you brought with you. Who is he?" Lifting her gaze, she found one of her sisters, Aahhotep standing by the door, arms wrapped around herself.

"He is a prince from far away." She answered, watching as careful brown hands smoothed the golden highlight into her legs.

"From where?"

"Goryeo."

"Ah." The woman observed as the servants placed an ornate bronze neckpiece on her shoulders and lifted a matching chain to be placed on her hair. The chain hung across her forehead and the bridge of her nose and traveled down the length of her hair, braids having been tied back and plaited into one big tail.

"How I've missed you little sister." Turning eyes towards her, she felt her eyes grow misty with tears. At long last, the servants were finished and backed away, heads bowed.

"I've missed you also dearest. All of you...it has been....hell to say the least without you." Taking a shaky breath, she smiled as her sister came into the room, brushing away the tears that had leaked from her eyes. Pressing a kiss to her forehead, she smiled against her.

"What matters now is that you are home."

"Yes and oh what sweet home it is." The two women laughed quietly and Aahhotep withdrew her shoulders.

"What hell have you endured that makes you shine as an ember of the moon?" At that her cheeks grew warm and she dropped her gaze.

"My lady." Conversation cut short, the two sisters turned towards Anat, who stood humbly by the door.

"Our guest waits for you with the Queen Mother. She beckons you."

"Thank you Anat."

"It is my pleasure my lady."