다섯

Daseot

(five)

Sweat poured from her, threatening to get in her eyes. She stood across from him, imitation short sword in hand. Her body trembled from fatigue but she kept her stance. He was fighting harder today. He wasn't being so careful as he normally would be. It was almost as if he were really fighting her. But she could see it in his eyes. The same fatigue that mirrored hers. But there within existed a fiery passion, a determination that hadn't been there in their younger years. This time, she might not beat him. This time, he might actually gain the upper hand and cause her to admit defeat.

"Come." He rasped out, jaw tight. She inhaled through her nostrils deeply before charging at him. He parried her attack and stooped low, twirling his body, leg extended. The force of his kick knocked the sword from her hand and she barely blocked another hit from his hand. She took a couple steps back, chest heaving.

***

Eyes watched the two spar and a slow smirk lifted onto lips. The two of them were fascinating to watch. He had been right about her. She was indeed impressive. For the tiniest moment, he lamented in the lack of female warriors in his army. Not all women would be welcome. None of them at all. Except her. She'd probably gain the title of Captain fairly quickly.

"Yeobo," Turning, he faced his wife who approached him.

"What is it?"

"The other two men that you requested are here. They await your arrival in your parlor."

"Very good." The woman's eyes fell onto the scene at hand. The pair were now on the ground. The woman pushed down on the imitation sword, down upon his neck. He held his sword upward, trying to prevent it from coming closer.

"The way the girl fights. It's... interesting." She commented as she took in the way the woman sat atop her son, body pressed against his.

"Erotic." He spoke and before he knew it, his tongue had drifted outward to slide across dry lips. His wife's eyes found him. Yet she said nothing.

"With her body she is offering pleasure and seduction. However, her intent is to kill and she will see it realized. She's coaxing Cheol Su to accept death." Her interest was piqued. Why did Cheol Su not overpower her? He could easily dominate her but yet he didn't. It was quiet except for the panting coming from the two. He must have decided enough was enough because he turned her underneath him and pinned her down before she had a moment to react.

"Good. Now, finish her." His wife pressed her lips together and left the scene in front of her, hands pressed together tightly. Sooner or later, he would leave, the excitement would wear off and he'd find his way to the concubines to relieve his frustration. And as for Cheol Su...sooner or later he'd have to make a choice just who he desired more. The woman. Or his future Kingdom.

***

His proximity had made her breathless and she couldn't will her eyes away from his. The imitation swords had been tossed aside and forgotten. He'd gathered her by the wrists and had forced them upward. They'd been close before but never like this. He partially rested in between her legs careful not to completely crush her with his weight. Just enough to be effective.