마흔아홉

Forty-nine

maheunahop

1045

February

Doors opened and in stepped several hooded men, all dressed in black. Crowing around a round table, all were silent as the doors were closed.

"Make this meeting quick."

"Let's begin then," Hoods were slowly removed, showing faces, many of them belonging to members of the Royal Court, others Heads of the aristocracy.

"What are the updates?" One spoke.

"There has been an interesting lead."

"That is?"

"We have been approached by Gang Young-ho's wife." Eyes grew wide.

"What?"

"They have yet to produce an heir and they have been married now nearly three years. That long without an heir is inexcusable." The men grumbled their agreement.

"Moreover, he has not only showcased a deliberate unwillingness to fulfill his duties as husband but an uncontrollable sexual appetite for other women."

"Don't we all?" Chuckling, the meeting continued,

"His newest conquest is the Queen's servant. There is a rumor circulating that she may be with child." Aghast murmurs filled the room.

"After all Gang Yooshik did to welcome him into his family and this is how he repays him?"

"Disgusting."

"He doesn't know any better. He was born as shit fodder and he will die as shit fodder."

"If he had sense, he'd arrange for it to be taken care of."

"Ha, the woman is still good enough to be married off! Of her own words they did not consummate the marriage bed. She must have the marriage annulled from that gutter rat and marry a proper man."

"These troubles are the fault of the King. It is due to his incompetence that these filthy animals run amuck when they should be caged." Again, the small council agreed.

"Should he remain on the Throne, every aspect of our precious upstanding society will cease to exist. We must not let that happen."

"What will we do?"