Dul

(two)

He'd hurt her. He knew he did. The minute he forced her out of his chamber into the common quarters he knew what it felt like. A ripping betrayal. And he couldn't sugarcoat it. That's exactly what it was.. But...no matter how much he cared for her, how much he had befriended her... spoiled her even... he could not forget. He was Wang Cheol Su, prince consort of the Goryeo Kingdom. If he was going to gain the trust of his people... he needed to show backbone. A knock at his door roused him from his thoughts.

"Enter."

"So you threw her out huh?" Reaching up to pinch the bridge of his nose, he set disinterested eyes on the leering grin on his elder brother's face.

"Hyung-nim, I'm very busy right now. Can this wait?"

"I have a request to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Can I have a go at her?" At that, his writing hand paused and the ink started to stain the parchment.

"I'm...I'm sorry?"

"You heard me little brother. I want to fuck the girl." Forcing the pen down, he slowly stood, eyes hard as they took him in.

"The answer is no."

"Why?"

"Because I said so. No. Fuck no." He growled. Seo Jun frowned, eyebrow raised.

"I remember the day Father brought her to you. You've kept her all to yourself since that day. Selfish bastard."

"You have my answer. Now get out."

"She is as good as mine as she is yours little brother. As long as she doesn't have your name branded on her, I will have what I want."

"Don't provoke me further Hyung-nim. My word is final." Other than a chuckle, he offered nothing else as he strolled out of his office. Getting up, he quickly exited and headed towards the servant's quarters. Entering the large parlor, he scanned the servants for her. She wasn't here. Inhaling sharply through his nostrils, he went out the back and felt relief come to him as he finally caught sight of her. There she was in the horse stalls, kneeling low with a pail of water. Taking a careful breath, he slowly approached her. She'd cleaned all the horses except one. His.

"Need help with that one?" At his voice, she looked up, having set the pail of water down by the stall.

"No. I don't." Her clipped voice let him know she was still upset.

"Tiye-"

"Go back to the main house Wangja-nim. I wouldn't want you to dirty your hands. Much less be seen with the likes of a cheonmin musori." She tried to walk past him but he grabbed her by the waist, stopping her.

"Let me explain."

"What is there to explain? You made yourself perfectly clear the other day where we stand. No matter how much you 'spoil' me Wangja-nim."

"Stop. Please." He'd whispered the words into her ear and the sharp inhale let him know he had her undivided attention.

"I deeply apologize eolin-i. For hurting you. It wasn't my intention." She swallowed but otherwise kept quiet.