스물셋

Seumulset

twenty-three

The sun was not yet in the sky and already sweat beaded up on her flesh. Turning, she faced her love and roamed her gaze across his figure appreciatively. He'd opted to leave his hanbok behind this morning and wear the offered clothes the servants had placed for him. His tall lean form resembled chiseled marble, the defined muscles of his biceps, pectorals and abdomen on full display. A light linen skirt draped around his waist, sitting comfortably on his hips, a dangerous peek of his adonis belt teasing the eyes. Toned calves flexed as he walked and on his head he wore a white turban. She'd requested his hair to be braided in a single plait and it traveled down the length of his back.

"My, he cleans up well." Shen-pe-uts-neter, her second eldest sister complimented as she too roamed her gaze across his form.

"Don't sink your claws in him sister Nettie."

"I wouldn't dare. He's nice to look at but he's not my type." Instead of an offended look, a humored look instead graced her face smile right behind it.

"His appearance pleases me." The grouping of women turned to find their mother standing behind them all, lips pursed. As he finally made to them, he bowed before the Queen Mother.

"Good morning Your Highness."

"I trust your evening was satisfactory?" Though his cheeks blossomed in faint pink, he nodded, keeping his eyes at his sandal covered feet.

"Very much so."

"Good then. We shall set out for Lower Egypt this day. There you shall meet the Pharaoh, my son and Tiye's eldest brother Diogenes in Memphis."

"Of course. It will be my pleasure."

"Good then. You shall ride with Tiye. We hope to make haste for the sun will grow brutal."

"Yes Your Highness, as you wish." Dare she say it but it appeared a ghost of a smirk had drifted up onto her mother's face but like a mirage it was gone and she was mounting her steed. They all followed suit and when she felt his firm arms enclose themselves around her waist, they set off.

"Where is Memphis my sweet?" He asked, lips pressed against her ear. Smiling, she kept her gaze forward.

"It is the capital of Egypt, one of the wonders of the world. This day you shall taste her fruit and enjoy luxury even Goryeo could not offer." He hummed against her but otherwise kept quiet as they continued on their journey. After a few hours ride, they stopped at a nearby oasis, allowing the camels and horses to drink.

"Drink my love. The sun only grows more dangerous." She urged, lifting a pouch to his face. Nodding, he took the offered pouch and drank his fill. Already, his skin was a healthy pink and she worried that perhaps it would burn should it be exposed further to the harsh rays.

"Need you a scarf to cover yourself with?"

"Concerned eolin-i?" At his teasing, she sucked her teeth.

"There is such a thing as sun burn and it most certainly does not feel good. Stay then, toy with your rays longer if you like." He laughed, coming to press the pouch against her teal covered chest.