열넷

Yeolnet

(fourteen)

Feet ran after him and by the time she got there, her heart dropped. He barked orders to the small crowd that had gathered, the commotion sure to awake other members of court. The bitch laid limp on the side of the lake and she felt her chest grow hot as she watched him start to lift her into his arms.

"Prepare a room in the medical ward. Now!" He ordered some attendants that had been forced out of their sleep to his side.

"Yes pyeha."

"Make sure that there is plenty of blankets and furs. Anything and everything needed to provide warmth I want it there."

"Yes pyeha." He started her way and she clutched her jeogori as he neared, face stony. His eyes were watery yet he didn't shed a tear.

"Cheol-Su-ah..."

"Not now Jae-Hwa." He dismissed, pushing past her. Her feet helplessly turned to follow him and all the way back in silence, her tears forming icy trails of pain down white cheeks. Once inside the tent, she watched as the shaman and doctors examined her, eyes dead set on his face.

"She will die before morning pyeha..." He grabbed the man by his collar.

"What must we do to save her?"

"Her body temperature has dropped drastically p-p-pyeha. She won't survive." Shoving him back, he began to unbuckle the belt to his jeogori.

"Cheol-Su-"

"Get out! All of you get out!" He ordered as his flesh was bared to the inhabitants inside.

"At once pyeha." The servants, medical attendants and shaman all bowed their heads, inching back towards the door. Only she remained and she could feel her heart break into a million pieces as she watched the baji hit the floor and his naked body near her form. He for a moment hesitated, hand paused right above her jeogori. But he pushed that aside and began to pull the wet clothing from her body.

"I told you to leave." He rasped, turning eyes towards her. She couldn't find any words to say and slowly...slowly she backed up, leaving them in absolute privacy.

***

In her dreams, his arms held her close, warmth bleeding into every sense. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up each and every time, the feeling of premonition surrounded him... them. It was the same one... it happened the same time. Her dreams had evolved and now... now he'd leave her. After the eclipse...their eclipse, after they were forced to part come dawn out of no where a sword would come from the darkness and strike him. She'd scream out for him, scream for it all to stop. And there Mama would be... a deep sadness ruining her otherwise beautiful features. She'd scream, cry and beg the gods to save him... not to take him from her... after all... they'd just become free...free in their feelings.. their love.

***

Bright white light blinded her from behind her eyelids and she forced them back into darkness, hot breath fanning back up against her chin. Groaning, she tried to make sense of it all... where...when...how... She felt hot, sticky and sweaty but it was a feeling she appreciated. For once. The last feeling she'd experienced was one of deep dark cold and it possessed her entire body into black. Finally willing her eyes open, she grew stiff. An arm was strewn across her, large hand dwarfing hers, their fingers loosely entangled. Breath tickled her neck and it made the hair on the back of her neck stand up. Swallowing thickly she turned around. Blinking to clear her vision, her mouth fell open at what beheld her. Wangja-nim.