스물다섯

Seumuldaseot

twenty-five 

    "Sister." Turning, she found Aahhotep and Shen-pe-uts-neter behind her, both looking quite worried.

"Yes?"

"Are you not concerned? Your man could die." Smiling, she rose form her position of prayer before the Goddess B'sst.

"Sekhemrekhutawy is strong. I think you mean to underestimate him."

"It's not that...it's just.... he's going to wrestle a whole beast. What if he's not quick enough?" Aahhotep furthered, brow worried with concern.

"Sister, I side with Tiye on this one. Just because he is foreign does not mean he is less than."

"Obviously I don't care about him being foreign. Those concerns died three years ago. We have adopted him into the royal family as a son of Ra. We've christened him, given him a name, even taught him our language. He is one of us. My concern is his mortality."

"Fear not. Sekhemrekhutawy is full of might. I have witnessed his strength with my own eyes. He will prevail."

"Should he desire Tiye's hand, this is something he must do anyway. Diogenes is King. Mother is Queen. He must prove his worth and his place." Aahhotep was quiet, sighing in defeat.

"This I know Eldest Sister."

"Good."

"I'd say you've grown fond of him haven't you?"

"Tuh." At that, the sisters laughed and teased Aahhotep more, drawing her up in their arms.

"Tiye, it's time to go and paint his flesh."

"Then go I will."

"We shall see you out in the arena."

"Alright." Pulling away from her, they left her be.

"Anat,"

"Yes my lady?"

"Let's go."

"Of course my lady." Licking her lips, she part the tent flap and met the sun's rays, feeling their vigor and stinging heat.

***

He sat in silence, skin still warm from the mists of the saunas. Eyes closed, he focused on his breathing, concentrating on his flow of energy.

"I should have known you'd be up." Eyes opening, he lifted his eyes to a large shard of glass, pleased in the reflection that faced him.

"Mm."

"Are you nervous?" She asked as she entered his chambers, elaborate and graciously gifted to him by way of the Queen Mother.

"Should I be?" She laughed at his bravado and softly clicked her tongue.

"Today you will be battling a great beast."

"I've done worse to humans." He teased, eyes full of light and mischief as she drew nearer.

"This I recall so well my love." He got up to face her. What a lovely vision she was, a welcome temptation ushered in by the sun's heat. Gold draped her body in the form of a dress, seductive, feminine, and regal. Ruched around her chest, the material fit just right against her, larger flat strips overlapped upward in a sort of halter up and across her shoulders, the tops dusted with fine golden powder. The remaining crossed straps fell down an exposed midsection and draped across round hips, held in place by a thick ornate belt made of the same fabric.