The Tournament 1

Three years have passed since Bia's disappearance. Her people weren't upset but they couldn't be counted as happy either. Thankfully, Bia left tasks to them before she left and gave them a timeline. The four level tournament of the Fae Kingdom had officially started when someone was announced. "Demon King Erebus has arrived." Erebus stepped in the viewing stands where the Elders and royals sat. Without greeting any of them, he took a seat directly and watched the tournament. Opal and Opia stepped in behind him.

The tournament played an important part in the Fae Kingdom, especially now when they needed all the people that could get. Usually only nobles are allowed in the army, but once every five years a tournament is held. A week before the tournament, a practice match is played out. The match holds similarities to the tournament but in the match this time around, those below a certain line cannot participate in the year's tournament but aren't prohibited from joining the next tournament. The practice match changes everytime. so no one knows what's coming. The tournament itself has four sections which represent how the Fae Kingdom is separated. The first terrain this time is the forest.

"Five thousand are halfway through the Forest test." An announcement echoes through the stands. "Advancing to expert level." The voice disappears and the forest level changes actively. Inside the changing forest, Reina grabs her sister's hand and pulled her up a tree. "What's wrong?" Rena looked at her worriedly but when the tree starts to move forward, Rena understood. Reina smirks , "I thought you were stupid for a moment there." Rena scoffs and pushes her but didn't control her strength in time and Reina was pushed off the tree. Kicking off of the tree trunk mid fall, Reina jumped to the next tree.

"Idiot." Rena rolls her eyes and looked back to see three other people in the trees watching their moves. Reina crouched down on the tree branch and analysed the three. "Teaming up will require a reason." Her voice flowed into their ears as if she was right next to them. The man dressed in slim fitting black clothes spoke first. "I know what the next test field is." The one in blue spoke next, "I have weapons." The last one in green spoke next, "I have supplies." Reina chuckles and disappeared from view only to appear next to the one in blue. She touched his neck gently, "Weapons are no use to me." She kicked him and the man flew through the trees.

Appearing behind the one in green, "What supplies do you have?" The one in green quickly opened his bag of food and Reina smiled. "Cute." She also kicked him forward. That left the one in black who fished around for a bit and pulled out a map on sheep skin. "It's a map. The way things are now, we'll end up in the icelands." Reina chuckled. "Rena. Let's go." Reina dropped to the ever changing floor and ran straight ahead. Rena followed right after her. As the two ran for the exit, two people landed there horribly. "Why did she kick me so hard?" The man got up while rubbing his shoulder.

"You would've slowed me down." Reina stopped right outside the every changing forest. "The next test should be icelands right?" Reina shook her head at the two and stepped through the barrier onto the sand. "Sand? The Desert?" The one in green was cursing internally. He was hoping to thrive in his homelands but instead he'll be drowning in the scorching heat of the Desert. "Our Kingdom has the most diverse terrains that many can't survive hence why the tournament is based off of our four terrains. Each has their own strengths. Learn quick or die quicker." Reina sat down and pulled out her sword to sharpen it.

"Then let's go already , why are you sitting down?" Reina ignored him while Rena leaned on one of the trees and drank some water. "What's your name?" Rena asked the one in blue. "Sem. You?" Sem looked at Rena and thought to himself that she was a commoner. "Rena. My sister , Reina." Sem nods, "That's Jackel. He's from the icelands, I'm from the grasslands. What about you two?" Rena motions to the ground and Sem was surprised. When they first got in, he noticed the two sisters. It seemed like they ran in a random direction and were moving about foolishly instead of showing their wings like everyone else.

"Why didn't you show your wings?" This question brought Jackel out his thoughts. "Right! You two were moving funny when we came in and didn't show your wings. A group even thought about teaching you guys a lesson for mocking us." Rena raised an eyebrow, "Mocking you? We're all Fae, how is not showing our wings mocking?" Jackel gave her a funny look, "You really don't know? They think your sister is a half breed that was brought back to fill numbers." Reina stopped sharpening her sword and looked back at the moving forest.

In the next moment, she seemed to catch something in her hand. A choking sound could be heard. Reina squeezed her hand and the person's body appeared gradually from thin air. "Come out." Five more people became visible but Reina didn't release the person, "All of you." Three more appeared and it was only then that Reina released the boy. The boy gasped for air and scrambled away from Reina frantically. "What a pathetic trick." The boy that Reina choked, could only cough as he breathed. His throat was about to crushed and it didn't even feel as though she was using all of her strength. "How dare a low life half breed touch one of our own? I'll kill you!" One of the women rushed forward with her sword in hand to Reina. Reina dodged the woman's advances while still sharpening her sword. Getting annoyed, the woman kicked Reina's sword in the air. Reina stood and when the woman rushed to her once again, Reina kicked her in the chest.

The woman flew in the changing forest. Reina disappeared and appeared behind the woman. Kicking her in the back the woman fell forward and Reina kicked her in the stomach which carried her back to the edge. Reina walked over her and took up the scabbard, holding it out, the sword cut through the air and sheathed itself perfectly. Stepping on the woman's hand, "Low life half breed? I'm not in the mood for your foolishness." A crack is heard from the woman's hand. Reina glared down at her and she could nothing but cower in fear under those eyes.