Tournament 4

Reed sat down in a corner of the tent shivering. The fire in the middle of the tent wasn't hot enough to warm his body, as he as well as a few of the others who fell into the frozen lake while they were crossing it. Rena was huddled up next to her mate, getting whatever warmth she could from him. Reina was outside the tent talking to Jackson. "Who is he to her?" Sem asked and Rena laughed softly, "It's not him you should be worried about." After she said this Reina walked in, her eyes went directly to the shivering Reed in the corner. Without a word, she walked over and picked him up.

Reed let out a contented sigh and opened his eyes. "What took you so long? I'm cold." His body no longer shivered in her arms. As he was tired, he closed his eyes once more and laid his head on her shoulder. Reina sat near the fire with him in her arms quietly. Her mind filled with the information that Jackson relayed to her. A howl is heard in the distance, "What was that?" Dimitri asked. "Nothing to worry about." Dimitri nods to one of his people and Reina chuckles, "If you go out you'll die." The man walked out the tent and looked around but see nothing in the thick storm, so he turned to head back inside. However, a dark shadow suddenly appeared and the man screamed. Dimitri wanted to stand but Rena held him down in her sleep.

The scent of blood slipped into the tent, Dimitri glared at Reina. "What is out there?" Reina sighed, her hand touching Reed's head gently. Her blue eyes were bright as she looks at Dimitri from across the fire. "Death" A tinge of red apart from the glare of the fire could be seen in her eyes. Dimitri didn't ask anymore questions as Reina didn't want to say. The snow storm persisted for a few hours and everyone except Reina fell asleep. She stood and walked out the tent as soon as the snow storm finished. Rena opened her eyes and looked at her sister's back. The sun came out but outside was still cold. Blood painted the white snow pink as bodies were scattered everywhere. Reina walked through the bodies, thankfully she didn't see any of her people or she wouldn't know how to explain to the Mistress. Reed was still asleep in her arms.

Jackson appeared behind her on his knee. His entire body soaked in blood. It stained his brown skin. "The tournament will be cancelled now. Go back and get cleaned up. Take care of the injured." Jackson bowed and disappeared. The tent flap was lifted and Rena stepped out. A thick coat wrapped around her shoulders. "No wonder I slept so deep last night." Seemingly unbothered by the bodies, she walked towards the sibling pair. "What happens now?" A portal suddenly appeared in the sky, with a snap of a finger they were out of the tournament arena. Most of the others were injured. The only group that seemed to be clean were Reina's group so the others glared at them, annoyed that they got lucky.

Reed woke up and rubbed his eyes. "Is the tournament finished?" Reina looked at him, "Yes. You slept long enough." Reed grinned at her and laid his head on her shoulder once again, acting cute. "Reina." A voice came from behind her. Reina quickly turned and placed Reed on the ground and bowed. "Greetings Master." Erebus nods, "Hmm. Get up." Reina stood, "Come. We have to discuss what happened." Erebus looked at Rena who bowed her head in his direction then turned to leave. A green haired woman appeared and held onto Reed's shoulders. Reed looked up at her, "Do you think everything is okay?" 

"Everything is fine, we'll see them later. Reda will be with you." Rena nods to Reda and follows her sister. Dimitri grabs Rena's wrist, "Where are you going?" Rena pulled out his grip. "Later." The two walk off with Erebus. The group stop in front of two huge doors as they open to reveal the Fae royalty. King Kaa and Queen Lanai, Grand Prince Kasian and his wife. Grand Princess Kali and Grand Prince Kai. The four noble Clans , North , South , East , West and the head of the Black hidden Clan. Erebus stepped in leisurely, ignoring the glares directed at him. Sitting at the top of the room was Elder Haclin, his eyes opened slowly as Erebus approached.

Erebus bowed to him. "Oh. You're here on time. Have Reina tell us what's happened and sit." Erebus walked up the stairs and passed King Kaa who's glare was the most venomous, with a small smirk then sat down. Without waiting until she was called, Reina stepped forward. "Greetings Elder Haclin. This is what happened." Reina then told them all the events leading up to the attack. "What attacked you?" Matriarch West asked Reina. "What do you think? Someone let them in." Although Reina never specifically told them the answer but they knew who was the culprit. "Werewolves." Rena whispered.

Queen Lanai chuckles, "As if. No one would dare to collude with the wolves. Send these two children to the infirmary." No one dared to move. These two were under that terrifying Demon King, death would be too kind if they were to rush forward foolishly. Not to mention, the woman in red would even talk to the Elder with no respect and he didn't punish her. "The evidence is in an obvious place and even though we were in the middle of a snowstorm, you were able to see what we were fighting clearly. Unless you are ignorant as to what a werewolf looks like." Queen Lanai glared at Reina, hatred blooming deep within her soul for the girl. "Nevermind the infirmary, take this girl to the prison!"

"Guards! Your Queen has spoken!" King Kaa shouted but the guards still didn't move. "They don't dare." Reina's words shocked the people present. "They don't dare? On what grounds?" Reina scoffs but didn't answer. "On the grounds that you aren't powerful enough." A new voice chimed in. Queen Lanai's face paled instantly when she heard the voice. The doors opened once again revealing Opal and Opia. A man behind the two that others recognized. The brother of Matriarch East, "Uncle?" Rena ran up to the man happily. All she knew was that the man disappeared some years ago and could not be found, no matter where they looked.

"Brother? Where have you been?" Matriarch East walked up to him and hugged him, tears streaming down her face upon seeing him again. She'd been looking for him for so many years only for him to show up like this. She was happy to see him, even if he didn't come back for the sake of the family. Finally, her older brother, Jai, had returned.