Punishment 1

Aceso, Diablo and Niro bow. "Mother, Father." Opia held Bia's hand and helped her walk across the grass to the pavilion. Erebus decided to stay back and watch her from afar. They all turned as Bia passed by, waiting until she sat. "Rise." Jackson and Niro dropped to their knees without saying anything else. "No need to repeat, I heard all that was said." Opal poured out a cup of tea before handing it to Bia. Taking a sip, she looked over her children and subordinates. "Aceso and Diablo, give me your thoughts on this situation." Aceso bowed before speaking, "Mother. Reina's broken the rules that they themselves set which nearly caused destruction on the Fae Kingdom. Judging from the way Elder brother and Jackson spoke, Reina did get off lightly."

Diablo spoke up, "For the most part, I agree with younger sister. However, only six people know the grave entirety of that situation. Three haven't spoken about it and three are putting little detail in what they did say. This matter needs to be discussed more before any additional punishment is given out." Bia listened to her children's thoughts on the matter and nods. "I was too hasty in the Great Hall earlier which resulting in Jackson and Niro feeling wronged about my decision. Since that's the case, we'll have a trial. Old man, we'll be borrowing your study." Elder Haclin scratched his nose, "No problem. How about I be the judge of this?" Bia turned to him.

"You just want to see some sort of excitement. Don't you?" He grinned and rubbed his hands together excitedly as if he was some kind of pervert. A slap across his head knocked him out of the action. "Can you not show such a weird expression in front of the children? They'd think you're a pervert." Elder Haclin gave Flora a childish smile and cleared his throat. "Come, I'll lead you to the study." He turned to walk off, but when he saw the leaders following he paused. "What are you following for? Get lost!" Flicking his sleeve in their direction angrily, he walked off. Rena wanted to follow but was held back by Dimitri. "She was wrong and so were you. There's nothing more to do. Come." He practically pulled her out the Palace.

Inside the study, Erebus sat next to Bia in the main chair. Pino, Reina, Opal, Opia, Jackson and Niro stood in the middle while others stood and sat to the sides. "Then. Shall we begin?" Bia took up a pastry and bit into it while the room remained silent. "Mistress, I-" Bia's multicolored eyes glared at Opia who then closed her mouth. Niro dropped to his knees, "My apologies mother. I should've brought this situation to your attention directly." He kowtowed. "Your mother already heard that apology. Be quiet." Erebus said.

Niro stood and remained silent. "Do I need to call names in order for you to open your mouths?" Bia looked down the line. Her eyes double back to Pino. "Is it because I can't see inside your mind? Do you all think I don't know if you don't say?" Bia smiled. The corner of her blood red lips curled up wickedly. Still no one spoke, at least not the one Bia wanted to speak. Slamming her hand on the table, it broke and the ground opened up all the way to Reina's feet. "What? Have you suddenly gone dumb?" Reina immediately dropped to her feet, Pino followed. "Why are you kneeling? Did you do something?" Pino shook his head. "No. It's because I did nothing. I ask the Mistress to punish me."

Bia scoffs. "The two of you! One worries me and the other infuriates me! Reina , Speak. What have you done wrong?" Reina remained silent, even as she was kneeling. Bia watched her shivering silently. Bia looks at Pino, "If that's what you want. As your punishment, you'll give your mate eight hundred lashes and watch as she kneels for three days. She's not allowed to move even an inch or it'll be another eight hundred lashes plus two hundred more everytime she moves. If you go lenient or slack off, I'll double the punishment!" Bia stood, "Everyone out!" She yelled angrily, without an once of respect. Noticing how angry she truly was, everyone left the room besides Reina. Bia walked down the stairs to her, "Are you willing to speak now?" Reina lifted her head, tears in her eyes. "I failed your expectations Mistress." Bia looked down at her, "My expectations? I have none. But you've broken the vow that you created. That is cause for punishment. Not only do you not have remorse  you even made it as if it wasn't a big deal."

"Is it because you were jealous?" Bia's last sentence struck a chord in Reina's heart. "Why did you choose her? Is it because she was with you? If Rena hadn't done what she did back then I would've still been at your side. It's because she's a Phoenix? Is that it? Only godly creatures like that deserve to be by your side?" Bia grabbed her chin harshly, "Have you become stupid? My plan was always for you to train in that tournament but Rena was just being stupid and a means to an end. Opia was chosen to carry out the training because of her abilities. Opia and Opal were chosen by their grandfather to serve me as a gesture of good will and faith when I subdued the Clan without bloodshed. If that is an issue for you then I'm afraid you'll be replaced."

"Replaced?! Haven't you already replaced me with those two stupid birds? I was with you those all those times. They are merely on my level! Yet you chose them to do more important things than me! You made me feel like I was disposable because you got new powerful play toys." Bia crushed Reina's jaw in her hands, the sound of the cracks seemed to echo through the room. "It seems that because you've been with me the longest, you've been complacent especially on being delegated different tasks. Your task here was to join the tournament on the surface but I knew that you would figure out what was happening on the inside. That was the real reason you were sent here but you were so wrapped up in your jealousy that you didn't notice how the manor was set up or how citizens from the valley got here."

"More and more shadow guards were sent here to protect you! To follow your orders and collaborate with Opal and Opia who stayed with Erebus after I left. But your breaking point is Niro isn't it? Because he addresses me as Mother? Yes. I adopted him on my own accord and helped him to survive, this was due to his own abilities as well. Even though I don't have to explain my actions to you, I'm telling you this so that you would know that you're no better than those useless wolves when acting this way. My favor towards you covers the sky and instead of doing you good, it harmed you instead." A warm feeling wrapped around Reina's jaw and healed it.

Bia released Reina and walked past her, "Go and receive your punishment." The doors open for Bia and she walked out. Outside the study, she looked over all of her subordinates. "Remember this. When need be, I'll use you for your abilities. This is a fact. None of you have the same ability so when I use one of you and that causes a problem then you will be replaced. When you put a talented person in a position that doesn't use their potential then that person becomes useless. Jealousy gets you nowhere but on my nerves and that isn't a good place to be. Don't think that because one of you have been with me for longer than the other makes you more in important. As my subordinates, you're all treated equally and you've all chosen what you wanted to be when you came to my side." Everyone remained silent as Bia spoke.

"This is a warning to you. Reina will be your example. Worst is yet to come. Not speaking up also gets you nowhere. If something is troubling or upsetting to you than you should speak about it. You all chose me as your Queen even when I didn't want the title. Don't be upset when I act like one." Opia and Opal bowed their heads quietly. Bia walked off, angry with all of them. Pino walked inside the room to see Reina on her knees crying silently. He knelt in front of her and wiped her tears with a small smile. "It's okay. I'll be there." Reina latched onto him and cried out.