Death Training 1

Regan, Chia, Chana, Xeres, Kelan, Kela, Bea, Olin, Era and Folin. Sons and daughters of Prince Kai. Although they are within Flora's generation, they are a bit younger than Bia. Prince Kai has two wives, one from the grasslands and the other from the desert. All of the children haven't gained their abilities as yet but were extremely arrogant so it was a surprise for them to come to this training. "Elder brother, do we really have to train? This little girl is supposed to call us first cousins." Kela, the sixth child asks. "Sixth sister is right. After all, it makes no sense for us to even be here." The seventh child, Bea echoed her thoughts on the matter.

"You can leave no one is stopping you." Opia's cold voice came from behind them. "And who are-" Kela stopped speaking when she saw Bia, Diablo and Aceso walking in. Without glancing in their direction Bia stood in front of all the others, "If you don't want to be here, I won't force you but once you've left you won't be able to come back. When the wolves attack, you'll die with your uselessness." When Bia started to speak some people were considering it but after her last sentence they dare not move. Opia steps forward, "This is called death training for a reason. You will be in real death situations, survive on your own first. We'll talk after you've completed training." Opia waved her hand and a large snowflake pattern appeared beneath them. It illuminated before all of them disappeared.

Five hundred thousand were split into random groups of five throughout the imaginary world. "In front of you is a map. Navigate through the dangers and learn. If you die in here, you die outside. Two months start now." Bia's voice flowed through the air. This world was something Bia created on her own adjacent to the little realm, the dangers were unknown to the others as well. On a mountain top, Bia sat in a cave. Her eyes go to Pino and Opia, "Two months is the deadline. You know the drill. I will not be back until that time. Stall that army without losing anyone or forfeit your own lives to me." The two bows and disappear from before her. Bia closed her eyes and her body was surrounded by a black light.

Outside the place where training was, Hazel stood with the maid from two days before. Hazel brought her out of the prison to deal with her as the Mistress said. "Don't think you'll get away with this. My King already knows about what happened that night." Hazel smirks, "Who are you trying to fool? Did you not feel the disconnect long before that night? He thinks you're dead." Without giving her a chance to reply, Hazel took out a knife and slit the maid's throat. The maid's body dropped to the ground, her blood starting pouring out of her body. Hazel stepped back and held out her hands to start chanting, eyes closed.

sruthadh dhomh
seinn dhomh
marbhadh air mo shon

As Hazel began chanting, Pino and Opia stood to the side watching her. "What is she saying?" Pino asked Opia as he watched the blood flow out of the maid's body. "Flow for me, sing for me, kill for me." Pino snickered, "That's a chant?" Opia glanced at him and shook her head. "It's an ancient chant. Hazel is using the maid's blood to monopolize her control over the first set of soldiers being sent our way. 'Flow for me' represents the blood, as it flows out of the maid's cold body and into the sun patterned marking on the ground, it is also breaking apart. This is essentially marking the Wolf blood of the soldiers. 'Sing for me' represents Hazel's voice as it breaks through the soldiers' mental defenses, this part is the hardest because if she can't handle entering so many minds at the same time it'll kill her. In other words, her mental state should be stronger than that of ten thousand."

Pino nodded in understanding as he listened to Opia's words. He didn't think so much things were going into three short sentences. He turned his attention back to Opia as she finished up on the last bit. "Kill for me, this part isn't about actually killing the physical body but their souls which is the most important part of this chant. To put it accurately, the soul is detaching itself from the body. All living creatures have souls and a physical body. Some creatures have more than one soul which is very rare and others have only one soul.Which means that where the creatures draw power from are completely different from each other."

"For Wolves, their power is in the soul. That power is harder to deal with when wolves are in packs. Think of it as a line and every single pack member is holding onto that line while you are alone. Who would win? They would. Thankfully since the Wolf Kingdom was forged together from the different packs, the links between them weakened considerably making it easier for this ancient spell to work." Pino watches Hazel walk around the lit up sun symbol while chanting. "Since it's so old and complicated, how did Bia come up with a way to use it?" Opia smiled, "We also don't know. But when we went into the palace that day and saw that wolf, Mistress immediately put her in the equation. That's why she didn't allow Reina to touch the wolf despite knowing what she is." Opia looks around the area closely, clearly searching for something.

The two notice a white light suddenly flowing into Hazel's body, "See that? That's one of the souls. They are drawn to Hazel by the power of the chant and with the wolf's blood acting as a powerful lure. However she can't absorb five thousand souls at once as her body would explode from the pressure itself." As more and more white lights appear, Opia whistles. Jackson and five others appea , "All of you will approach silently. Don't disrupt Hazel, step onto the points of the marking. Don't resist the power, let it flow into your power and refine it into your own." Jackson nods and the six of them approach, doing just as Opia said.

"This is why Mistress called us here?" Opia hummed in response. "She told me to choose who would help Hazel. Based on the strength of souls, they are the best options." Pino thought of something, "What if some scattered around and didn't reach here?" Opia smiled, "You're catching up quicker. That's been taken care off, whatever souls scatter before they get to this area are going to be absorbed by Filmos. He has a wide range of detection and has created a barrier to trap them in. Which will be easier for him and all of us. He'll also control the amount of souls that will enter this area at a time as to not overwhelm the seven of them." Pino watched the process carefully as he found it intriguing. "Since all living creatures have souls, how many souls do you have?" Opia wasn't expecting the question so she took some time to answer. "More than you."