Some Things Aren't Meant To Be Hidden 3

Opia ignored the man's dull gaze on her face, those violet eyes were always like this except for when he was talking to the Mistress. If her sister had to walk in at this time, she would catch a fit. "You should try not to get in a conflict with Reina." She said to him softly, thinking that he wouldn't respond. "Why?" Opia pulled her hand out, the last bone in her palm. "Reina accompanied Mistress before she was born. When they escaped to the valley, it was the Mistress who took care of her, nurtured her and protected her from harm for the first two years. This was before she met you but that's why Reina has such a strong urge to protect the Mistress before even us. She thinks that you took her place and was even given the special attention with getting to call Mistress Mother, so try to get along with Reina."

Niro sat up but Opia pushed him back down and wiped the blood from his closing wound. "Okay. I'll listen to you." Niro said while nodding. Outside the courtyard, Opal stood trying to get in. "Why would a barrier be here?" Jackson came out from the shadows, "Why do you think? Of course the Mistress put it there. It's about time your sister spoke to her mate." Opal scoffs and waves him off, "As if! We don't need mates." Jackson grabs her hand, "Why not? You've found yours, yet you don't wish to acknowledge me." He kisses her hand and Opal kicked him. "We don't need mates! Phoenixes are okay on their own."

Jackson smirks, "Why is it that I heard you're stronger after mating?" Opal kicked at him again. "I also heard that you grow weaker the longer you refuse to finalize the mate bond. How about it? Shall I mark you?" Opal glared at him. "Your information is wrong and if you touch me without permission, I will pull your heart out of your chest and eat it myself." Opal showed her claws and Jackson raised his hands in defeat before going back into the shadows.

Bia left the manor in her carriage without letting the other know and headed to the palace. The guards let her carriage pass by immediately, "Greetings Young Princess." The maids greeted Bia as she walked through the palace, heading for her Grandfather's courtyard. "Master. Young Princess is here." Inside his study, Prince Kasian nodded to the guard and was about to stand when the door opened revealing Bia. "Neteria. You didn't have to come all the way." Bia smiled and bowed her head to him. "Grandfather. I have something to discuss with you." Kasian was surprised, "What could be so important?" The two sit and he puts up a barrier. "This is something only you can help me with."

The sun set and Bia still had not returned. It was only when news of her being in the palace did everyone in the manor calm themselves. In Kasian's study, the siblings gathered. "What was so urgent older brother?" Kali and Kai sat opposite their brother, confused at the sudden summon. "There is something Neteria would like to ask of you." Bia walked in and bowed her head to them before sitting. "What I have to say is simple. Cover for me." Kai looked confused, "What do you mean? Are you leaving again?" She smiled gently, "A war is upon us. Where would I be running off to? However, there will be a need for you to cover for me." Kali looks in her brother's direction. "Elder brother?" Kasian shook his head, "Just agree to her request." Kali went silent before nodding, "Okay. I'll go along with your request."

Up until midnight, Kai still didn't agree with her request. Something was telling him that it wasn't that simple. As soon as Bia left, he turned to Kasian. "Why didn't you two deny her request? Doesn't this feel more complicated than she's letting on?" Kali sighed, "I also object to this because I have a similar feeling but she said that there was also no need to go through all of this, it was just easier." Kasian's words made the two silent, they could only imagine how he felt in this moment. Bia left the palace and the carriage drove through the streets soundlessly. "Is this really the only option?" A voice asks her, "There are other options but this is the best one." Bia says, worry set in her gold eyes.

"If the others know..." Her eyes turned sharp as she glared at Pino. "The others will know nothing of this Pino, at least not until it's absolutely necessary to. Do you understand?" Pino dropped to his knees, "I apologize for my mistake Mistress. I won't breathe a word if this." Bia nods, "Prepare yourself for tomorrow. We'll start training." Pino bowed and stood up just as the carriage stopped. Niro stood by the door and helped Bia out the carriage. "Mother." Bia gave him a small smile. "You didn't need to wait." Niro was about to say something but saw Pino and said nothing. The two walk in the manor leaving Pino at the door. Seeing the children's lights still on, Bia entered Diablo's courtyard first.

Inside the study, Diablo sat reading a book occasionally drinking the tea in front of him. "Diablo?" Upon hearing his mother's voice, he looks up with a smile. "Mother." Bia steps in, "No need to stand. Sit." Diablo couldn't stop smiling as he looked at her, "Mother , you've come to by so late, is there something I can do for you? Ah, let me get you some tea." Bia chuckles softly as she watched her son pour out tea in a cup and placed it in her hands. "Thank you." Diablo then sat at her feet and began massaging them. "Diablo.." Bia wanted to pull away but Diablo held onto her, "Please let me do this. I won't have much time to do this in the near future." His words struck a cord in Bia heart, she looked away from him aand blinked away her tears.

When Bia finished drinking her tea, she held onto his hands and pulled him up. "I always wish blessing upon you. Do you know why?" Diablo smiled. "Of course. It's because I'm the favourite." Bia chuckled and stood. "Get some rest." Diablo nodded and bowed as Bia left his courtyard. Diablo closed the door and blew out his lights before he slid to the floor and began crying while clutching his chest. He could smell the stench of death on his mother, as if she was rotting inside out. Diablo nearly vomited, it was like this for him from the smell, he could only imagine his mother's pain. Bia entered Aceso's courtyard which is right next door to Diablo's, "Are you not cold?" Aceso turned to her mother and bowed. She stood in the courtyard looking up at the sky before her Mother came in, "Mother. You aren't well. You should refrain from moving about too much." Bia sat at the table with a small smile and held Aceso's hands, "I won't ask you to be strong but I will ask that you don't tell anyone else."

"Why not? Not even father?" Bia shook her head, "Your father doesn't need to know right now. When the time comes, I'll tell him myself. If I'm unable to, many others come before you. Okay?" Bia touched Aceso's cheeks gently, wiping the tears as they fell. "The way you and your brother are crying would make others think that I'm dying." Aceso hugged her mother tightly, "Can you sleep with me tonight?" Bia stroked her daughter's hair and smile, "Of course, I'm sure your Father will understand." Bia wiped her face before pulling away. "Go and calm your brother down, I'm sure he'll want to keep me company tonight as well." Aceso nodded and stood, heading over to her brother's courtyard. That was the last night Bia spent any time with her children.