Potential 1

Midnight had gone and Rena had yet to see her father return, so she headed to her mother's yard. The light was still on, she knocked on the door. "Mother." Rai looked up and saw her daughter's figure, "Come" Rena opened the door and stepped in, her mother sat at the table in her sleeping garments drinking tea. "Father has yet to come home. Are you not going to look for him?" Rai said nothing and Rena got angry. "You're great at being a failure of a wife and mother." Rai slammed her hand on the table, "How dare you be so rude to your mother! Do you have any idea what I went through to get you!" 

Rena scoffs, "What? What did you go through? Birthing the bastard child of the dethroned King?! Is that it?" Rei stood up, "That's not true. You can't listen to what those people were saying, Rena. You should know better, these people are just jealous of our family's position within the court." Rena felt tears streaming down her face, "You never addressed or dismissed the thought. The only one you appear to treat as your child is Reed! So there's no use denying it. You were a whore for the King!" It was at this moment that Maki walked into the courtyard hearing what his daughter had said. "Rena! Apologize!" She glared at her mother who just stood in shock at the words spoken to her. "Father! You're no different! Why didn't you just leave with us instead of staying here!" Maki looks at his oldest daughter and sighs, he couldn't bring himself to say anything when she was like this.

"Rena.... This isn't what others think it is. You are my daughter, so is Reina and Reed is also my son. Your mother is your birth mother. The rumors aren't real. Go and sleep, we'll talk tomorrow." Rena walked out the room angrily. Outside the yard, she spots her sister standing there. "Reina? You're back?" Reina turned to Rena, "Was there a reason to be so reckless?" As if she was a child, Rena lowered her head in slight shame. "Then what was I supposed to do? Father was never so late to return and-" Reina raised her hand to stop Rena from saying anything further. "You are acting as if your father is your husband. After what happened tonight, you should be worrying about preparing for war instead of a lovers quarrel between your parents. That's their business and you need to stay out of it, not acting like a child throwing a tantrum. Even Reed is more mature than you are."

"Is it because they didn't raise you that you think you can give me advice on what to do?!" Rena suddenly flew into the wall, spitting out blood in the process. She looked up to see Reina walking towards her slowly, "I dare you to say something like that to me again. It'll be more than slap, you'll lose your tongue." Reina's blue eyes turned red from bloodlust and anger. She'd grown sick of people stating how she was raised in association of her carrier. It was infuriating for a woman who abandoned her child to try to stake claim now that she's become powerful, especially since only one person contributed to her strength now.

Rena had never seen Reina like this so she said nothing else and watched her cautiously. "No need to watch me, I know my limits. I won't kill you, at least not yet." Reina walked away and Rena dropped to the ground coughing. As the older sibling she was not ashamed to say that her siblings were stronger than her in many ways. "You just haven't unlocked your full potential." Pino's voice came from the air suddenly. Pino helped Rena to her feet, "What do you mean?" Rena dusted herself off. "Your sister has a very rare and unique body type, it would've been fine if only she had it but all three of you siblings have rare body types. If not for Reina's upbringing she would've been just like you. Wasting away into nothing."

Pino turned to her, "Your family turned it's back on her. You should be glad she didn't turn her back on you. That's all I came to say." Pino walked off but stopped, "Ah. I forgot. Prepare yourself, fortunately for you My Mistress isn't done with you." With those words Pino disappeared into the air and Rena stood there for a while, thinking of his words. As harsh as they sounded, they were truthful. She truly needed to stop worrying about the rumors that filled the streets about her family. It would do her no good if she continued on. Just as Rena thought this, a warm golden light surrounded her. The light entered her body and seeped into her blood. The warm feeling now gone and coldness overtook her body. Rena let out a painful scream. Those that heard the commotion rushed out to see Rena hugging her body on the ground shivering. Frost covering her face and arms.

"Matriarch, Patriarch! Bad news. Something happened to the Eldest Miss." A maid ran into the courtyard yelling. Rai sat up , "Maki. Something's wrong." The maid repeated her words louder as she reached the door. "Master! Madam! The Eldest Miss-" The door opened before the maid could finish. Her eyes trailed along the man's exposed body without fear, "Where is Rena?" Getting back her wits, the maid pointed but she didn't look away. "We took her to the side room." Rai covered Maki's body with his fur coat, making the maid look away. This was the first time she'd seen them this intimate with each other. The maid's head rolled off her shoulders before she could take another breath.

Seconds later, Rai and Maki walked into the side room. The temperature dropped considerably. The two approach Rena on the bed but before they could touch her, she turned and a wave of ice flew towards the two. Maki blocked Rai from the hit as it didn't affect him much. "Stay here." Rai nods to him and watched as her husband walked over to Rena's shivering body. Maki sat next to Rena and examined her briefly, his hands stiffening from the cold as time went on. "Her powers are fully awakening, there's nothing we can do for her right now." Rai breathed a breath of relief at his words. "A power I'm not familiar with is in her body. Something similar to Reina's but not quite. Whatever it is helped her with the awakening of her powers."