ARIANNA

Once at work, in my first weeks of university a lady saw me sketching under the table while looking at the costumers, she couldn't see what I was doing but I think she solved it in her head.

She approached me, much to my surprise, forcing me my introvert self to talk but she was very nice and I was very happy to chat with her.

She said she had a studio downtown which a lot of students go to, to work, it even had private places for them. The thought immediately excited me but I told her I couldn't afford it at the moment. She encouraged me saying I should check it out at least.

The week after I gathered courage and made my way to the studio being on the way between school and my flat.

It was very nice, and looked pretty worn out like many artists had past through here leaving her paint marks on the walls, floors and furnitures. Ms Miller said most students pay a small fee to use the place and some of the materials.

I kept on admiring the place and the art exposed around it before she offered me to come and stay here. I was about to open my mouth and remind her of what I had said before.

She must have forgotten.

"—free of charge." My eyes widened, that's so nice of her.

Wow, oh I'm so happy, I might me able to paint here.

But that means I will waste her resources without something in return, that's bad.

"Thank you very much Ms Miller. But I don't think that's a good idea"

"You shouldn't lose your art because of others. The world kills artists, don't let it get to you , will you".

I gave her a big smile.
——————-

I haven't had any desire to paint for a long time, like a painter's block. No inspiration nor urge.

But even if I wanted to I can't at the moment, I have extra shifts at work to cover.

I will get my colouring book out during my brakes and colour the pictures. Yes, that sounds like a plan, my mood is now lifted.

Lessons has just finished, I should start walking to work now.  When I got up with my bag I saw a muffin on my desk, somebody must have misplaced it.

I looked around, most of the class had stood up already, but it wasn't here when the class ended.

Was it for me?

A small smile cracked on my face thinking of the sweet gesture.

No, maybe it was a mistake, they will come for it.

I sat down and waited for the owner of such a good smelling muffin.

I waited, by the end I was left alone in the class, and nobody even passed by the classroom door.

Maybe it was for me ...

When I went to pick it up, I saw a paper underneath, I should've looked. Silly, I read it for you, pretty girl.

Now I was smiling brightly, I will figure out who gave it to me and thank them! I walked happily to town , too engrossed on the best muffin I've tasted to care about the long walk.

But remembered to clean my face when I finished, messy eater.

I have a small job at a doggy daycare, I love it.

It fits with my school schedule and I have time for the art studio.

I get to spend the day with dogs, playing with them, brushing them and bathing them.

They said they needed someone young with stamina, a dog lover and familiar with different dog breeds.

They have a small vending machine where I get energy bars for lunch so the stamina part is fixable.

Young, yes. 

Dog lover, yes

And I used to take care of my old neighbour's 12 dogs, of all breeds.

I didn't earn lots but it kept me living so I was happy.