REAL LIFE

*SLIGHT MENTION OF RAPISTS AND ABUSE*

ARIANNA'S POV

I got ready for bed but couldn't sleep, I kept turning and turning on the bed, on the awfully comfortable bed but still.

Around 11 almost midnight I heard very soft footsteps on the corridor, I got out of bed and saw Hermione getting a cup from the kitchen.

"Can't sleep?" She asked without turning around startling me.

I shook my head, I think it was because it was the first time actually falling asleep in my room given that yesterday I fell asleep next to her.

"Anything I can do to help ?" I believe I would feel an awful lot better if I could fall asleep next to her again, her skin was so soft and warm it felt like home, whatever that meant.

She saw me debating with myself, I couldn't possibly ask her to sleep with her could I.

"Hm" She prompted again. I shook my head, dismissing it.

"Well, you can stay with me if that will help anything" that got my attention and she saw it.

She got my hand and lead me to her room, I'm glad I didn't have to ask her, she already knew, like always.

We got into her bed, and like I suspected it felt different, warmer even thought I looked similar to mine.

That night I slept like a rock snuggled to Hermie's arm, wrapped in her smell and warmth, just heaven.

——————

HERMIONE'S POV

I've just finished a lesson and I'm making my way to a meeting for work.

They said no one would've gone but me and so it was important. I parked outside the the Juvenile Psychiatrist Hospital.

I made my way to the reception where they gave me a visitor's card, I was accompanied by two nurses to the Girl's part of the ward.

"So what's a woman like you doing talking to one of the crazy ones?" A young nurse asked me, I could feel the attitude and brattiness radiating from her.

Jeez I sound like a dome.

"Maybe they wouldn't be so crazy if you did you're job right instead of talking about which g-string you will be wearing for your boyfriend infront of a bunch of 16 year olds"

She scoffed opening the door to a dorm that was way out of the way of the other ones.

"Why is she so far away from the others?"I asked the second nurse that seemed much more competent. "Is she a danger to them?"

"Not physically" she politely said before knocking and leading me in.

"Good luck" The other one said through her scratchy voice.

I let myself in, seeing a girl sitting by the window.

"Hello" "May I?" I asked reaching for a chair. She didn't answer looking at me up and down.

"Are you a shrink?"

"No."

"A doctor?"

"No."

"CPS?"

"No."

"Then who are you?"

I shrugged "No one" which wasn't a lie, I was none of the things she listed.

"Then you may sit no one" "You don't look like the others"

"What others?"

"You know, the ones that come, tell me about my past like I wasn't the one to live it, they tell me what's wrong with me, give me drugs, I sleep, I wake up in a different place and the cycle continues"

"Do you like the cycle?"

"So, did you come here to complete it ?"

"More like end it" She scoffed in disbelief.

"What did you come here to do?"

"Chat"

"You probably already know everything you think you need to know, what I eat, when I pee, who I see"

"I didn't look at your medical record" that got her attention.

"That's unprofessional of you" "I prefer unorthodox"

"What do you want to chat about?"

"They tell me you're not a physical danger to others" she smiled.

I hadn't looked at her medical record, especially because it wasn't available to me. I'm not an official worker recognised by the state, as I said in work I'm no one. But I did get the minimal information reading it on my way here.

Naomi Botkin
17 years old
Diagnosed with mild bipolar disorder has also shown strong traits of a manipulator.

I ignored the doctors' comments.

"Why is that?"

"I didn't touch them" "What did you do?"

——————

"How many years of school have you missed?" "One, senior year"

"Fixable"

"And what are you going to do send me to school?"

"Get you into Law school" She scoffed.

"Me? And the Law?No, no"

"I thought you wanted people like him to receive a fair trial"

"What? So you want me to defend rapists and child beaters in court?"

"Not if you work for the people?" She gave me a confused look.

"In court is like a dance, between two, until you find a flaw in your partners choreography giving you a free step to win the performance." "ADAs assistant district attorney, dance for the people, for the victim"

"And you think I should do this because?"

"As you said, you're good at painting a picture for others"

"You want me to manipulate for a job?"

"Isn't that what they already do? I just think you're going to be a better player that is actually working for the victim's justice"

She looked down thinking.

"Who will I be manipulating?"

"The Game"
———-

"They said you have responded well to meds and will be leaving the ward in a few months, after your birthday. Do you have a plan?"

"I'm sure you're going to offer me one right now"

"The ward wants to hand you over to us before your birthday, you will have a place to stay, we will fix the year of school you missed. You can get a job and be free from us if that's what you want. You can choose or not choose to go to college. And you can choose or not choose to go."

"What's the catch? The downfall? What are you offering" "A choice"

"You can stay here or you can go to the manor. You can visit it prior to your decision"

She scoffed looking around.

"Your visit took quite a turn no one" she chuckled.

"I will visit it...if you get the other girl too"

"What other girl?"

"The one that escaped before me, if you're so willing to give us a second chance, give her one too"

I hummed.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

That was a small peak into Hermione's mysterious job.