FAITH

HERMIONE'S POV

Arianna's arm hit the glass and it spilled on her.

"Princess" I called for her to give her napkins, she looked up over tick lashes with eyes full of tears threatening to spill any second.

I moved to sit next to her and rubbed her back while cleaning her with my other hand.

"It's okay, sweetheart" I cooed at the girl that was sobbing quietly but I guessed is was not just over the water spill.

"Come, let's get you all cleaned up" I  grabbed our stuff,  took her hand and led her to the toilets.

I opened a stall and sat down on the closed toilet, without hesitation the small whimpering girl sat down on my lap, hugging my neck, with a tight grip. I used my foot to close to stall door and cooed at Arianna.

Luckily it was just water and her clothes would dry quickly.

"Princess are you okay ?" I asked and she shook her head on the crook of my neck.

"Can you tell me what's wrong, sweetheart? So I can try and help?"

"Nn-no" she mumbled, her voice was weird, different than usual.

"I-I'm s-sowyy" she said,  looking up at me with puffy eyes and a pout, I think referring to my tear stained shirt.

"It's okay, baby, are you better now?" I asked stroking her hair as she hid her face further on my neck. 

She was acting different and my head working miles to what led to this reaction of hers "M-momma, s-sc-scared" she whispered.

My eyebrows shot up at the name but didn't stop calming down the girl

"Shh, baby, what are you scared of?" She shook her head angrily "m-momma, w-want com-comfort p-please" she begged looking up at me.

The sight broke my heart but I kept calm smiling at her "Don't worry baby, mo- I will take care of you"

"Sweetheart, can you tell me how old you are right now?" I asked softly.

She peered form her hiding spot, lifting barely 4 fingers.

"Okay" I whisper into her hair, rubbing her back hoping she is feeling better now.

"Now, how can I help you bebè?" She shook her head before speaking

"Landlord angwy" she whispered, I simply nodded encouraging her to go on.

"He said one w-week, mwoney or owt".

I hummed in response "And do you have the money ?" I asked, she shook her head threatening more tear to fall.

"Or a place to stay?" and now she cried harder.

"It's okay Bebe, everything will be okay, we will fix this, just relax with me"

We stayed like this for a little longer, until I was convinced she had fully calmed down.

Before walking out of the coffee, I took a note of my pocket and laid it on the counter mouthing a thank you, heading towards my car.

I walked into the driver's seat with little Arianna straddling me almost in dreamland.

Only when I closed the door did I sit back and analise the situation.

She slipped. My baby slipped.

I looked down at her, her freckles covered her adorable face plus  a pout, suck a cutie. I grabbed a blanket from behind and wrapped her like a burrito.

She must've been under some much stress to slip like that. Poor thing, I wish she would've told me about the situation before it got to this.
My baby, I kissed her forehead and stroked her hair, thinking of what to do next.
———————-

Almost two hours had passed and I was still inside the car with my Aria, I wished I could stay a like this for longer.

Now, after hours of pondering.

Should I take her to my house of hers?

She slipped, she needs confront, I want her with me.... but then again taking her to my apartment like this without her permission, she might think i took advantage of her little space.

She could stay with me for the night, I will take care of her.

No, trust, I dont want to scare her away, maybe she isn't totally comfortable with me.

Ugh.

Okay. I will take her home but make sure she is okay before leaving.

I place Arianna on the passenger seat, fully wrapped in the blanket as I did her seatbelt.

The drive was calm, with low music playing in the background and Arianna's occasional cute snores.

In 15, I pulled up in front of her building.

"Aria" I called out a few times, stroking her cheek softly, she started to stir and I let her take her time to wake up, paying attention to her body language to see if she was big or little.

"Hi sweetheart" I cooed, she hid most of her face with the blanket leaving only the eyes "hi" she whispered.

"Are you better now ?" I asked, she shyly nodded.

"Good", she looked around noticing we were outside her house.

"Ive been thinking, amor, I wouldn't like anything bad to happen to you. You can stay at my house for as long as you want...you always welcome hm?'" I prompted.

She lowered her eyes, I wasn't sure what was going through her little head

"Okay, let me rephrase that, I would like you to stay with me, hm"

I tried again with a smile, she looked at me kind of looking for a lie.

"You still have your job, yes?" I asked to which she nodded.

"So think like this, you can stay with me, and save your rent money throughout the summer and in the end of it I will personally ensure we find a pretty apartment for you, if that as what you want"

I don't know if I wasn't getting my message across but she stopped hiding her face, still looking at me big eyed.

"You don't have to answer me now, this is your choice, I just wanted to make sure you are okay."

She gave me a tight smile.

I kissed her temple before we got out the car and make our way to her door.

"Rest, relax and maybe pack if that's what you want, call me if you need anything, even if its just to talk yes ?" She nodded, assuring me she was listening carefully.

"Okay, I will see you soon sweetheart". I hugged her and She waved me bye before getting in the house.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Please vote and share if you're liking it so far.