MOTH TO A FLAME

^^^^Hermione's mother.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
ARIANNA'S POV

They asked me questions but didn't  make it feel like an interview or interrogation of sorts, even though I wasn't yet comfort to ask them questions too. My curiosity was through the roof but my anxiousness outweighed it, I let them freely ask what they wanted to know and they were so laid back and friendly I felt more relaxed and comfortable as the time went on and they got to more comfortable with me. The stranger Hermione brought home.

"Where did you two meet?" Midori asked and she seemed to be the most excited about me being Hermione's girlfriend. "At university" I answered. "What are you studying?"

"I'm on my third year of design studies"

"That's impressive, are you much of an artist?" Ryu asked and he was the most chill and laid back person. "Uhm" I scrunched my nose and shook my head slowly from side to side. "That's a yes." He said all of the sudden laughing. "You will get alone just fine with father" He added. Just thinking about meeting Hermione's father brought all the nervousness back.
"Are we talking about, fashion, architecture, web design..." Midori pondered.

"I want to be an illustrator, like a kids books illustrator" Amongst other types of books that illustrate people in fantasy worlds, just being able to illustrate the fantasy worlds I live in inside my head. They all nodded and smiled at me, not impressed but they were happy? I bet they all do hard work like Hermione, inside an office or running from one piece of land to another and meetings and signing papers and writing contracts...no wonder her finger game is in another level.

I like it here, Midori fighting with Ryu was entertaining but Abu swearing at both of them for making noise was my absolute favourite. "Pendejos, se callan!" I don't know swear words in Spanish but I could still feel the power and sting in those words.

"Deja a la niña bonita con la voz bonita hablar!"" [let the pretty girl with the pretty voice talk] Abu scowled at Midori and Ryu again.
"Verdad, you have a beautiful voice." Yara complimented. "Thank you" I pursued my lips into a tight smile, not knowing how to respond to the attention. All eyes were on me at all times but Abu kept her hand over mine the whole time, gently petting it and Yara would talk about the family because she didn't want me to be answering questions the whole time, so I felt very welcome.
.........................................................................................................

I spotted Hermione down the hall talking to another man that looked like her and honestly, I'm getting a bit disoriented. "Can I go to the bathroom please?" I whispered to Midori and she stood up to guide me to it but I told her I would ask Hermione, thanking her. I skipped my way to Hermione and as she released the man she was with from the hug I tugged on her shirt gently.

"Quem é?" The man asked Hermione nodding my way . [Who is it?] "Basanti this is Arianna my girlfriend. Arianna this is my older brother." I looked at Hermione with a look of disbelief, how many more brothers are inside this house?

"Pleasure" He extended his hand and shook mine formally, I shook his back awkwardly. "Oi" Hermie slapped his hand roughly "I said, she's my girlfriend." Hermione scowled him and later he lowered himself and gave a kiss on each cheek "It's a pleasure Arianna"
"Likewise" I grinned at him awkwardly.

Then to mine and his luck, his phone rang making him walk the opposite way to talk, and got out off a what would be rather weird encounter.
This is family tree is getting really big and complicated. I stared at Hermione with my mouth agape, waiting for her to explain the logistics of, everything. "Right..." She walked me down a hall which had family pictures on the walls, she stopped in front of one that had a large group of people and pointed at an older man I was yet to meet and the woman that was in the living room with me."This is my father and his current wife"