HOUSE OF BALLOONS

HERMIONE'S POV

Aww, my baby was jealous, that oddly made my heart warm. I will talk to her back home.

Ms Soleil pulled me aside to talk. "How's everything" I asked her "Everything is okay, as you know we've had 2 arrivals and 5 departures"

"The girls that have arrived have they settled in well?"

"Yes they have, Elena has had difficulties in lessons so Ms Balan was assigned to assist, she says she girl is very bright, the language barrier is the only issue, but the girls have been helping with her and Daniela was also been asked to help since she speaks Romanian "

"Great, what about the girls that left, how have been arrived and settled"

"They have all texted even video called the girls and Bella, the 1 year old will be visited in the upcoming week"

"Sounds good"

"Another thing..." She tensed and I glared. Sol never tenses.

".....Artemis is under adoption processing" I looked at her.

"Artemis is 19".

We figured one problem with the foster care system was that once the kids turned 18 they were thrown into the streets without guidence, here girls until the age of 23 can stay, they can live here while working else where, helping here or even working here for that manner, before having their plans settled, we help with jobs findings and schooling/university.

"Yes well, she has made acquaintance with a man, a well made man, he has come here, and they have gone out together, he has put forwards the papers to take her in" I processed it.

"And..?" "Well, this is his contact, he works around the people you are accustomed d with I wondered if you could take a look at him, check if he is good at heart given that our foster care services don't do background checks for children older than 18".

I took the business card she gave me putting it on my purse. "We wanted you involved on this one, we have never given off someone like her, and since you are well aware and well acquainted with it, better than me I thought you would be great help".

Poor Ms Soleil didn't understand a thing about cgl when Arte first came, but she made the most to understand, did a good job, everyone here likes Artemis and taking care of her, the ones that don't simply keep their space. "I will see what information I can get".

"Great, thank you". We talked more about academics and the logistic of the house, including expenses. Soon Arianna came into the room slowly saying excuse me "Ms Soleil , could I please get a cup of water? Please?" So cute.

"Of course, how could refuse such good manners" she stood giving me an approval look.  I looked at Aria, "Good girl"I mumbled against her hair.

"I will go around" "Come find me once you're ready" I told Aria.

I made my way upstairs to check on the girls. There were 3 parts to the building, kind of 3 buildings to one. The academy, the home/dorms for the girls and the tavern for the staff.

The home being in the middle. The logings were divided by age range. 0-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-17, 18-23. The A,B,C,D,E,F,Gs.

I went to 6-8/C. They were playing around, most outside not being able to keep their excitement indoors. I went around saying hi to the girls in theirs dorms, most weren't there only the introverts and the older ones.

There were different room designs ones for 2 people, 3 to 5 or solos. 

"Ooh, and Julia has a boyfriend" the girls made whistling nosies "No I don't" she said defensively "He's just a friend" she stomped.

"He's from the orphanage too from the other side, he's 16, blonde hair, blue eyes, a pretty boy" her friend ratted on her. The group of 15 and 16 year olds laughed and giggled.

I stopped at Naemaah's room. "—and she shared the rest of her slice with me" "That's nice" I said sitting down platting  her kinky hair.

" I never thought someone like you would be able to do my hair" she said honestly.

"Oh no, back home, everyone walked around with hair like yours, always bouncing in the air, showing off their curls" "-so I made it my goal to learn to take care of it, they taught me all the tricks" her eyes shined.

Naemaah arrived recently from abroad but has settled very well. "All done" I said closing the products and cleaning the combs "By the way, I think we're running out of coconut oil" she said timidly " Don't worry, I will make sure to put it in the shooping list, in the super important part .

I heard light steps coming towards and there was my favourite of all girls. "Hi baby". She waved. I told her I would show her around.

"So this is your familiy's?" "It's a chain, this is one of others" "-and you work here?"

"Not really, not specifically here but in the organisation yes" I walked to the east wing, called to be the safest part, it housed the A and B, since they were the youngest and hardest to rescue in a fire. It was also the quietest, "shh" I told her and she nodded eagerly.

I opened the first room, full of cribs and toys, and baby's in nanny's laps, in the playground. "Good afternoon" I greeted "good afternoon lady Hermione" " 'afternoon miss". Arianna walked to the cribs glaring at the cute babies.

"Why do they all have a pretty bracelet in their feet?" "It has their names, and not in there hand so they don't swallow or choke".

"This is Gabriella" I said picking up the chubby baby "look at all this rolls" Gabriella smiled making spit bubbles. Arianna stayed a littler longer playing with them but too scared to pick one up before we made our way downstairs. She said it wasn't the same as picking up new born puppies.

We walked inside one of the common rooms, the main one. Arianna's eyes widened at the colourful hand print filled walls.

"Every girl that has passed through here has a signature in here." There more than 1500 hands minimum, ranging from babies' to adults' with their names signed on top.

"That's right" Soleil said from behind us with Artemis at her side.

I asked her to come over seething her on top of the table in front of me.
———-

"So Artemis, what is this man that suddenly wants to steal you from us" I questioned "He's name is Adonis he's a dom, very pretty and very nice"

"Oh yeah, where did you meet him?" "At The computer science convention in college, I think he owns one of the involved IT companies" Arte was a geek crazy for anything with wires and buttons.

"Oh, so cool and does he treat you well?" "Yes, very well" she leaned in whispering "He calls me babygirl too" she said blushing "You can meet him, we can go for lunch".

"That would be lovely, I will bring Aria" "Yay, I'll call him" she said jumping down.

"Ready to go, Arianna?" She sadly nodded saying goodbye to her new friends "She's very cute" one of the girls said, I know.

We got in the car, Arianna quickly falling asleep tired from the day.