Avengers - Two

Imagine: The Avengers finding you after the snap to help fight Thanos

The sun blooms on the horizon, golden petals stretching ever outwards into the rich blue. It is the brilliant flower of the sky that warms your days. It is the invitation to a new day that makes the sunrise is so ordinarily extraordinary.
Under the sunrise, the apples glow more rosy than they do in the day. The branches of each tree spread out as if so proud of the bounty they bring and the sweetness given within each one. It is a party of colours, of chaos and order, of a beauty that springs from simple seeds blessed with mud and rain.

You stand on the porch of your wooden farmhouse, overlooking your orchard. The morning sun is warm on your face as you gaze across the fields and sip your coffee. After years of fighting and watching your friends suffer, the tranquillity is a blessing.
After the snap, you decided to leave everything behind and retire. You moved to the farm that Bucky bought the two of you before the snap. The two of you were waiting to retire and live the rest of your lives in peace. But Thanos took away the one man you have ever loved, and that was it for you. You had to quit.

You take a deep breath and place your empty cup of coffee on a table before heading down into your orchard. Smiling to yourself, you stop at the first group of apple trees and place your hand lightly on top of the dirt. Your power channels the nature surrounding you, and water starts trickling from your hands and into the soil, nourishing your trees. Once you have watered everything, you pick up a fallen, slightly bruised apple and use your power to restore it back to health. You take a bite out of the apple and smile. Nothing tastes better than homegrown food.

After a couple of hours tending to your orchard and walking around your farm, you head back to the house and stand at the kitchen sink, staring blankly out of the window. A car is slowly making its way down the dirt track. Your stomach suddenly feels heavy as the car makes its way closer to your house, to your sanctuary.

You step out of the safety of your home and onto the porch, watching silently as the car rolls to a stop and three people step out of the car. Two you recognise, but the third is unknown. Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff smile as they walk closer to the house. The third man looks uneasy and hangs back slightly.

"(Y/N)-" Steve starts as he steps closer.
You quickly open your clenched fists, your palms facing the sky. Thorned vines raise to their knee height, stopping them in their tracks.
"Do not come any closer." You warn.
"We have only come to talk." Natasha speaks up.
"I think enough was said last time we spoke." You growl, hinting at the time when you told them you were leaving. "My feelings have not changed."
Steve sighs. "(Y/N), please, we just want to talk."
You shake your head. "You all need to leave."
The stranger steps forward, glancing nervously at the vines.
"Hey, hi, I know we haven't met, and you seem kinda scary, but we have good news." He smiles. "Oh, I'm Scott, by the way. Scott Lang."
"Good news about what?"
"We can bring everyone back."

Those five words nearly knock you off your feet. Your powers falter, and the vines start to decay, rotting till they are no more. Your legs feel weak, and tears prick at your (E/C) eyes. You look towards Steve and Natasha, who nods in confirmation.

"It has been five years since the snap. Why are you here now?"
"It's a long story." Steve sighs. "(Y/N), please. You can't live out here on your own forever."
You laugh.
"You made your choice, and I made mine. Just because you can't live with yours doesn't mean you should shame me for living with mine."
"What would Bucky-"
"Bucky is dead!" You scream. "He is dead. So is Sam, Wanda, Fury. They are all dead, and they are not coming back." Tears fall from your eyes. "We cannot change the past. Thanos destroyed the stones, and then Thor destroyed Thanos. You need to give up this pipe dream and start living your life."
"We don't need to change the past, (Y/N)." Nat says. "Scott and Tony have figured out a way to bring the stones here."
You stare at them, confused.
"You mean time travel?" You laugh. "Do you know how stupid that sounds? Why can't we just go back in time and kill Thanos if it's that easy?"
"We never said it would be easy." Nat mutters.
"And time travel doesn't work like that, apparently." Scott speaks up.
"So, Back to the Future is a bunch of bullshit?"
Scott gleams.
"I'm starting to like you a lot more. Especially as you've dropped the scary vines, which is really cool, by the way."
You smile weakly and weigh up your options.

Steve slowly walks towards you and pulls you into his arms, hugging you close to his muscular chest. You inhale the familiar scent, and you are transported back to the day Steve first introduced you to Bucky.

"He loved you so much, (Y/N). I had never seen him so happy before." Steve whispers. "We have one chance, (Y/N/N), one chance to bring everyone back."
"I can't lose anyone else."
He rubs your back in soothing circles.
"We won't."

You allow Scott, Natasha, and Steve into your house. Natasha and Steve smile as they see the walls decorated with pictures of you and Bucky. You head into your bedroom and pack a small bag; you still have some stuff at the Avengers compound. With a deep breath, you step into your en suite bathroom.

"Are you nearly ready, (Y/N)?" You hear Nat call.
You grip the rim of the porcelain sink and try to steady your hands.
"One last time." You whisper to yourself. "One. Last. Time."