Steve - when you meet the Avengers

You haven't heard from Steve ever since you gave him your number. Maybe he's forgotten about you and moved on? Or maybe he's too shy to text first? You finish marking your classes' books and you phone your best friend, Eleanor, for a quick catch up.
"Hey." You say with a sigh.
"Hi, I was wondering do you want to come clubbing with me tonight. I need a good night and by the sounds of your voice, so do you."
With a grin, you agree and make the plans. Now you need to get ready. After, showering and styling your (H/L) (H/C) hair, you decide on a dress. Right at the back of your small wardrobe is a ripped black dress and you decide on that with some matching heels.

With your makeup done and hair styled you walk out of your apartment building; drawing the eyes of every man towards you

With your makeup done and hair styled you walk out of your apartment building; drawing the eyes of every man towards you. Smirking, you walk to the nightclub where you're meeting Eleanor and you notice she's wearing the same dress just in red.
"(Y/N/N)!" She yells, downing a multi-coloured shot.
You hug each other and take a shot before moving onto the dance floor; where you dance the night away. Lots of guys buy you drinks and manage to get you and Eleanor drunk. At two in the morning, you exit the noisy club with Eleanor and two guys you met. The boys basically have to carry the both of you, so you don't fall, and that's when everything goes south. While you're taking a shortcut through a dark alley you start to hear laughing. Four men walk out of the shadows and eye you up greedily. They draw knives and threaten the boys. Panicking, the boys leave you and Eleanor alone. She's throwing up against a wall, while you try to drag her away, but she passes out in a pile of her vomit. Frightened and feeling sick, you call for help.
"Help!" You scream, but your mouth is covered by one of the men as they hold a knife to your throat.
"Are you going to be a good little girly or not?" He asks, his breath assaulting your nose.
Two of the men move over to Eleanor and start talking about what they're going to do.
"Stop!" You yell. "Don't touch her, please." Tears flow down your (S/C) cheeks.
All four of the men laugh and they move onto you. But a familiar voice echoes through the alley.
"Step away from the ladies." Steve's voice makes you smile slightly and you crane your neck to see five more people.
"What you gonna do, mate?" The man holding you whistles to his men who get their knives and start walking towards the Avengers.
"You don't want to know." Another voice says, Tony Stark.
You panic. But they seem to manage the situation fine. They take down the men in a couple of minutes, before walking over to you. You have to admit, in this light, they look pretty badass. The man presses his knife into your stomach and you cry out.
"Don't hurt her!" Steve's voice comes out as a croak.
"Well, step away and leave us."
"There's six of us and one of you." A female voice warns.
Suddenly, everything goes numb and you feel an excruciating pain in your lower abdomen. Warm liquid gushes out of the wound and you try to scream but nothing comes out; just silent tears. You see three shapes running after the man, one shape to Eleanor and two to you. Everything is blurry and dark around the edges. Someone picks you up in their strong arms and runs through the streets with you. But before you arrive at your destination you pass out.

Bright lights.
Strained voices.
Steve Rogers.
Darkness.

Beeping machines.
Hushed tones.
Someone's hand in yours.
Darkness.

You keep on slipping in and out of sleep for hours before you finally wake up properly. Eleanor is sat on a blue chair, holding your hand as she sleeps. You're connected to different machines and you can hear voices. At the end of the room, you notice six people standing talking.
"Hey." You croak with a smile. "What happened?"
Immediately, a certain blonde rushes over to you and hugs you. Wincing, he lets go and you notice the stitches on your stomach.
"You and Eleanor were ambushed. This is my team." He introduces you. "Tony Stark, Thor Odinson, Bruce Banner, Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff."
"The Avengers!" You gasp.
They chuckle at your wide eyes.
"Ms (Y/N) (Y/L/N), you've been stabbed in the stomach, but Steve's amazing running got you to an S.H.I.E.L.D hospital just in time," Tony smirks.
You gaze into his blue eyes and thank him. He kisses your cheek and holds your hand. You could get used to him being around.