Loki - when you go on holiday

With every step the sand shifts. With every motion forward there is some backward and down, just like walking in freshly fallen snow. Yet unlike the crystalline blanket of white bequeathed by the winter time, the fine grains underfoot give you warmth from the suns rays. Like their sky-bound benefactor, they are yellow, as if the sunshine itself is trapped inside these unmelting crystals of silicon and oxygen. Despite the heat, you find yourself frozen in place once your eyes take in the ocean. The waves roll in white tipped, spreading themselves like fine lace over the beach after the crash in their soft way. There is nothing noisy about them, yet they have sound. Perhaps to you, it is more like the music of your childhood summers so long ago with the people you have loved and lost. If you close your eyes you can hear your mother calling you for lunch, your father rustling the newspaper as he turns a fresh leaf. In your closed hand appears a red bucket and spade, there is nothing to worry you, no fears...

"(Y/N)." A deep voice calls from the villa. "Lunch is ready."
"Coming." You yell back, taking one last look at the sea.
You turn away and jog up the marble steps, back into the dining room of the villa. Hank is sat at the table with a huge cheesy grin on his handsome face.
"Since when do you cook lunch?" You laugh, taking the seat opposite him.
"Hey." He fakes offence. "Blood, sweat and tears went into making this meal."
"I certainly hope not." You spear a sun-dried tomato with your fork. "Jeez, now I can't tell if this is covered in blood or not."
Both of you burst out laughing as you tuck into the mini buffet. Hank doesn't take his eyes off you as you eat the meal.
"What?" You question with a small laugh.
"You are the most beautiful person I know." He blushes a deep shade of ruby red before glancing at the table in embarrassment.
"Well, you aren't too bad looking yourself, Mr Booth."
He leans forward and bites his lip.
"So, why did you bring us to Cape May?" He asks. "Not that I'm complaining, it's stunning here."

You take a deep breath and look around the room. How should you tell your boyfriend that the guy you share your flat with is the Norse God of Mischief and him angering you is the reason for the quick break?
"It's my flatmate. He was being an asshole and I needed a break." You shrug, taking a sip of lemonade.
"What's his name again, Lucky?"
"Loki." You correct. "He isn't from America."
"Clearly." He scoffs.
You place your fork on the table and frown at Hank. What is wrong with him? Why is he suddenly so interested in Loki? He doesn't have to be so rude.
"What is that supposed to mean?" You question frowning.
He sighs. "(Y/N/N), I thought this was a nice romantic trip for the two of us. Instead, it's just for you to get away from some guy."
"Hank-" You start, rubbing your face in exasperation.
"Don't 'Hank' me." He spits venomously. "Are you having an affair with this guy?"
"No!" You screech. "He is just a friend."
Hank stands up and kicks the chair away. You wince as it skids across the tile floor and crashes into the kitchen counter. He towers over you as tears drop from your eyes.
"I'm going out. You better have a good explanation for all of this." He demands as he snatches his coat from the hook and storms out.

The door slams shut, and you take a deep, but shaky breath. Maybe you can talk to him properly when he has calmed down. For the meantime, you take out your phone and call Loki. You need to hear his soft, silky voice. The phone rings three times before he answers.
"(Y/N)!" He says frantically.
You smile, a couple more tears falling from your (E/C) eyes.
"It's so good to hear your voice." You let out a breath. "Just talk."