Bucky - when you go on holiday

1 year later...
You stand awkwardly in the middle of the hotel lobby, fumbling with the bottom of your top as you wait. The hotel is busier than normal during the Easter holidays and this throws you off your game. Every weekend since S.H.I.E.L.D released you from quarantine, you have come here as part of your rehabilitation into the real world and at this moment you are feeling the same way you did the first time you came here; terrified. It feels like the walls are closing in on you as you force yourself to take a step. And another. And another. You feel like you can't breathe – what if you run out of oxygen? Your heart rate begins to speed up, and so does your breathing.

"(Y/N/N), you ok?" A soft hand lands on your shoulder, bringing you back to the real world.
"Yeh." You mutter, forcing a smile. "It's busy today."
"Easter holidays. Everyone is off work and wants to relax." Simon grins. "Come on."
He leads you to the elevator and soon you are stood outside your room.
"So, I have to go to a meeting with a client, but I will be back in time for dinner. Will you be ok until then?" He asks, fumbling with the keys.
"Yep. I've stayed in this room and this hotel loads of times." You cup his cheek. "I'll be fine."
He grins. "You've come so far."
"Go."
"Love you."
You wave him off before stepping into the hotel room and shutting the door behind you. Taking a deep breath, you glance around the familiar room you love. It's at the top of the hotel, with a large balcony and a bathroom fit for a king. This is your safe space, so why do you feel like something is different.

Throwing your bag on the bed, you grab your phone and dial Bucky's number. After a few rings, it goes to voicemail and you end the call.
"Damnit." You growl, clutching the phone tighter in your fist.
You try again and on the third ring, he answers.
"Sorry, (Y/N), I still haven't worked out how to use this thing. Are you ok?"
"I think so. Something just feels different."
"Where are you?"
"Telluride, Colorado."
He pauses. "Usual hotel?"
"Yep."
"Do you need me to come down?"
You shrug, only to then remember that he can't see you.
"I'm not sure. I think I'm ok. Simon has gone to a meeting and the hotel is busier than usual. It's probably just that."
"Are you sure?" You can hear the concern in his voice. "Trouble seems to follow you around."
You are about to answer when suddenly an explosion shakes the building. Alarms screech and people scream as another explosion goes off.
"(Y/N)! What the hell was that?" Bucky bellows through the phone.
"I'm not sure." You answer slowly as everything goes silent. "I'll call you back."
"Don't engage, (Y/N)! Listen to m-"

The phone is ripped from your grasp as the door to your room is blown up. You are thrown back into the far wall as smoke fills the room. A shape steps through the door and you sit up groaning in pain.
"You really thought you could escape me?" A raspy voice breaks through the ringing in your ears.
Your eyes water from the smoke, but the figure comes closer and you make out his features.
"Strucker."
"Did you miss me, (Y/L/N)?"

A/N
Hi guys!
Hope you are all having a wonderful day. Endgame is nearly upon us and I want to enforce how vital it is not to spoil anything for other people. I am lucky enough to go to the midnight release of the film, but others might not be able to see it for a few days or even weeks. So please don't ruin it for them.
Feel free to post your theories. Personally, I think Captain America is going to die, but I think Tony Stark will survive.
Enjoy the film!