Chapter 408: The Passionate Young Man

Lily went back to her room, changed, and went out in a hurry.

She had only just reached the car park and was about to open the car door when she suddenly caught a glimpse of a shadow in the distance. Startled, she exclaimed, “Ahh! It’s a ghost!”

Quentin: “…”

The corners of his lips spasmed. He walked into the open leisurely and said like the person afflicted with eighth-grader syndrome he was, “You’re calling me a ghost when I was obviously standing there like the live human I am? Are your eyes bad?”

Lily, who was bolder than a lot of girls, took a close look at Quentin, upon which her eyes immediately lit up. She asked, “… Who are you? Why did you become a thief when you’re so good-looking? Why aren’t you being a good person instead? This is the Smiths’ manor, you know!”

“… Who do you think you’re calling a thief?” Quentin retorted.

Lily’s eyes widened. The tall girl was not afraid of the man at all. “You, of course! If you are not a thief, then why are you hiding in the shadows so sneakily? I’ll tell you this—I can take out weaklings like you three at a time by myself!”

Quentin: “??”

Who was she calling a goddamn weakling?

There must really be a problem with the woman’s eyes!

He was about to speak when Lily took a good look at Quentin with the help of the car lights. Her eyes immediately brightened and she asked, “Say, why are you straying from the right path when you’re such a good-looking man? Shall I help you out? ”

Quentin: “?”

Lily coughed and asked, “Do you have a girlfriend?”

Quentin: “??”

Wasn’t the topic of their conversation changing a little too quickly?

How did they suddenly start talking about whether he had a girlfriend or not?

His brows drew together and he answered, “No, I don’t.”

Lily said excitedly, “I don’t have a boyfriend, either!”

Quentin: “…”

The corners of his lips spasmed as Lily asked, “Do you earn a lot from stealing?”

Quentin: “??”

“It definitely isn’t a lot, right? How about this, why don’t you date me? I can give you money and a place to live in. I can even buy you a house in New York. I have an annual salary of hundreds of thousands of dollars! That’s nearly a million dollars, you know!”

Quentin: “!!!!”

The corners of his lips spasmed again. He felt a little like the conversation was getting more and more far-fetched.

Was she hitting on him???

He stared at Lily. If she weren’t Big Sister’s assistant, Quentin would have punched her and given her a taste of his martial arts prowess a long time ago!

He sneered, “Do you think I would be tempted by that bit of money you have?”

Lily thought for a moment. “Well, that’s true. Someone like you who specializes in stealing from wealthy families must be a master thief, right? I guess that bit of money I have won’t attract you, after all. By the way, I’m a doctor. If you get beaten up during a heist, you can come to me. Of course, if you ever decide to pull back and repent, and don’t feel like working hard anymore, you can come to me then too~~”