Chapter 410: Blood For Blood!

Lily was very fast and efficient.

Nora was about to open her email inbox when violent knocking suddenly came from the door.

Nora was surprised.

Pete slipped out of the bed and ran over to open the door. It was Joel.

A puzzled Pete asked, “What’s the matter, Uncle Joel?”

Joel was aware that Nora was always sleepy, and needed twelve hours of sleep a day. Why would he come over and disturb her rest when it was only seven o’clock in the morning?

Joel asked, “Is your Mommy awake? Can you wake her up? I have something very important to talk to her about.”

Nora, who had also realized the urgency of the matter, quickly changed and walked over. “What’s wrong, Joel?”

Joel frowned when he saw her. He asked, “Quentin is missing. Did you ask him to do anything for you?”

Nora’s heart sank.

At last, she understood why Joel had come over so early in the morning.

A grave look came over her countenance. “I didn’t, but he went to the tournament arena last night.”

She picked up her cell phone at this point, upon which she saw the two messages that Quentin had sent her some time past eleven o’clock the previous night. However, the two messages didn’t give her any clues.

She frowned. “Might he be resting somewhere?”

“No.”

Joel spoke with certainty. “Quentin’s identity is special. There aren’t many people who know of his existence. Because he only comes into contact with the people from Smiths’ secret forces, and everything he does is dangerous, he has to report his itinerary to me on time every day. When I didn’t receive his report this morning, I knew at once that something has gone wrong. It was only when I contacted the people from the secret forces that I found out Quentin had already lost contact with them last night!”

The previous night…

Nora wanted to ask more questions, but Joel had turned and gone downstairs. “I’m going to the arena.”

Nora did not dare to waste any time. She grabbed the baseball cap hanging at the side and put it on. Then, she took a face mask and followed him downstairs.

A man was standing downstairs respectfully. He looked relatively young, but he had an anxious look on his face at the moment. When he saw Joel coming downstairs, he asked anxiously, “Mr. Smith, is there any news about Boss?”

Joel shook his head.

Nora, however, paused slightly. By calling him ‘boss’…

He must be Quentin’s subordinate.

She immediately asked, “When did Quentin last contact you?”

The subordinate replied, “At 11 o’clock last night. After I told him that I had something to report to him, Boss said that he would come over immediately. I waited and waited, he didn’t show up. Where did he go?”

Nora frowned. “Has this ever happened before?”

Joel and the subordinate both replied, “Never!”

Although Quentin looked like he had eighth-grader syndrome, he was actually a very responsible man deep down. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have served the Smiths as a shadow hiding in the dark for so many years.

He handled things carefully and cautiously and had never made any mistake all these years.

But the more that was so, the deeper Nora’s heart sank.