Chapter 556 - Ruth Digs Her Own Grave!

Nora frowned, her displeasure at its maximum.

She had disliked Ruth very much ever since the first time they had met.

Not only did she use Black Cat to hype herself up, but she had also used Y to make the others like her… She sure was flattering herself a lot.

To think she had actually stolen the credit for the good deed that Nora had done anonymously the night before, though?

Hah.

Nora cast her eyes down, feeling a little displeased. However, she had always been easy-going in nature, so she didn’t say anything. After all, she couldn’t possibly just go up to everyone all of a sudden and say that she was Q. She still had to keep her identity a secret.

But despite her not making any trouble, she never expected that her conflict with Ruth would come this quickly!

At two to three o’clock in the afternoon, just as she was about to leave and go home out of boredom, she ran straight into Ruth!

Ruth, who had her head lowered and was carrying documents in her arms, walked over hastily and collided with Nora!

Nora immediately stepped back and quickly avoided the impact of the collision. However, as Ruth was in high heels, she fell onto the floor.

Thud!

A loud collision rang out in the hall. Upon hearing the sound, the others all rushed out.

“Are you alright?”

“Ruth, are you okay?”

A look of pain came over Ruth’s face. As she massaged her lower back and got onto her feet, she looked at Nora and sighed. “Ms. Smith, why didn’t you grab me just now?”

Nora: “??”

She frowned and stared at Ruth. Then, she replied unhurriedly, “I didn’t react in time.”

Ruth’s sweet and pretty facial features scrunched up into a look of pain, making everyone feel bad for her.

She massaged her lower back and sighed again. “Never mind, I’m alright anyway, I won’t blame you for it.”

Nora’s mind was full of question marks again.

What was she blaming her for?

Her brows drew together. When she turned and got ready to leave, Ruth suddenly said, “Ms. Smith, you look rather free to me, can you do me a favor? I need to photocopy these documents, but I think I may have to sit for a while. Can you photocopy them for me?” The look in Nora’s eyes turned cold at once. She turned to Ruth and immediately replied, “I’m not free.”

Was she making her do chores?

Ruth was clearly trying to take her down a notch!

When she was about to leave after her reply, Damon suddenly lost his temper. He said, “That’s enough, Ms. Smith! There should be a limit to everything you do. Just because we aren’t holding it against you, it doesn’t mean that you can behave so brazenly!”

Nora: “???”

Damon shouted furiously, “What did you mean when you said you didn’t react in time? I saw with my own eyes that you took a step back. You obviously could have caught Ruth and prevented her from falling, yet you didn’t reach out. I’d wager it doesn’t even occur to selfish people like you to help others, right?” Damon continued yelling out his thoughts. “Q obviously works in the Smith Corporation. Now that the team has run into problems, all you need to do is say the word and he would help, yet you are unwilling to help us out! In contrast, look at what Ruth did. She waited until the middle of the night yesterday for Y to come online to solve the huge problem for us!”