Chapter 558 - I'm Y

Justin narrowed his eyes and called Brenda straightaway. He asked, “What exactly is going on? Make it clear.”

He obviously wouldn’t know that a new employee had joined the special department, so he needed to ask for the specifics.

Brenda told him what had happened.

Justin fell silent. Then, he said, “I see.”

“?יי :Brenda

She panicked. “What do you mean ‘I see’? Ruth is no kind soul! It’s obvious that she’s a complete bitch, and she keeps making things difficult for Nora in the department both openly and secretly! It’s so infuriating! Hurry up and contact Y! Doesn’t he listen to you the most? Get him to just blacklist Ruth, lest she uses his name to throw her weight about here!!”

Justin replied, “Yeah okay, I’m hanging up.”

Brenda: “??”

As she stared at the disconnected phone, she simply felt so anxious on Justin’s behalf.

Nora was already so mad. Why didn’t he seem anxious at all? Besides, this was really a tricky situation.

After all, Y was only an employee of the Hunt Corporation. To be honest, even Justin wouldn’t have the right to interfere with Y’s right to make friends, right?

In addition, most of the employees in the special department were men. Once they cleared things up, they would all just drop it and wouldn’t hold any grudges.

As a result, the atmosphere had returned to a harmonious one now.

“Ruth, are you actually that familiar with Y?! You actually have him on Messenger! And he instantly replies to your messages too!”

Ruth lowered her head and smiled. “We’re alright, I guess. He didn’t reply to me the whole day yesterday, though, so I got angry last night. That’s why he’s paying extra attention today.”

“???י :Nora

Hah!

That scumbag had sent her a few messages the day before, but she hadn’t paid him any attention. As it turned out, he had gone to coax Ruth and make her happy instead? Although Ruth might not even know Y in reality, she just didn’t feel like paying any attention to Justin now!

Nora took a deep breath.

At this time, Damon walked up to her and bowed a little. “Sorry about that, Nora! I was too impulsive just now! I mouthed off to you when I didn’t even know what was going on. I know you’re probably still angry. You can beat me up and vent your anger!”

Nora: “…”

The corners of her lips spasmed as she looked at Damon. She couldn’t be bothered to hit him, though, so she said, “No, it’s fine.”

She wasn’t trying to specifically help Damon when she helped the special department, so it didn’t matter to her one bit what he had said.

Seeing how distant she was being, Damon flushed as red as a tomato. He knew that he was in the wrong, so he did not dare to ask for Nora’s forgiveness, either. As such, he could only take a step back in embarrassment.

At this moment, Johnson suddenly looked at Nora. “Ms. Smith, since you can get Q to do what you want, then why don’t you, on behalf of the special department, try asking Q to join us again?”

Nora glanced at him and replied very slowly, “Q cannot be bothered to join the department.”

She turned around and got ready to leave.