Chapter 527 - Karl Is Troubled

Show menu

It seemed like Trueman wasn’t looking at his phone, so he didn’t reply right away after Nora sent the message.

After staring at the phone for a while, Nora tossed it aside and went to take a bath.

Cherry and Pete came together. There were identical frowns on their little faces. Cherry said with dissatisfaction, “Pete, Grandpa is introducing boyfriends to Mommy again! Sigh!”

Pete was about to comfort her and tell her that it was okay when Cherry remarked enviously, “When will my Daddy find me a bunch of young men?”

Pete: “?”

He’d thought that Cherry was worried that their parents would be separated, but as it turned out, she was just being envious of Mommy?! She was simply hopeless!

The corners of Pete’s lips spasmed and he looked at the bathroom.

Then, he put down the book in his hand and slowly walked out the door.

“Mr. Smith, before I came here, my husband said that he didn’t manage to beat you when he was fighting for Yvette back then, so your daughter has to show my son some courtesy this time! At the very least, let them meet and try to get along with each other!”

Seeing that Melissa simply refused to say anything, someone shifted their target to Ian instead.

Ian’s usually lifeless countenance was filled with smiles and pride at the moment.

In the past, everyone would deliberately ban any mention of Yvette Anderson in front of him. None of them had dared to mention her name. However, the mention of her name instead filled him with pride now.

He smiled and replied, “Of course!”

Justin: !!

Suddenly, he felt very upset that he didn’t have any elders who could speak up for him. He glanced at Mrs. Hunt resentfully. The elderly woman looked very awkward and embarrassed. She stood there with her hands on her walking stick, looking like she wanted to speak with Ian, yet didn’t know what she should be saying

Justin lowered his eyes and sighed inwardly.

His father had run away from home with his mistress when he was only five. His mother had also moved out and never returned. His grandmother was the one who had brought him up, so he had great respect for her.

Thus, he couldn’t adopt aggressive measures against his grandmother.

Moreover, should his grandmother continue to be dissatisfied with Nora, given her skill in infighting within the household, he was afraid that she would keep making trouble for Nora.

That was why Justin had allowed her to keep making trouble for the Smiths—so that she would keep being rebuffed.

It was only after she had been rebuffed and realized how strong and powerful Nora really was that she would be truly convinced. This way, when Nora married into the Hunts in the future, at the very least, she wouldn’t make things difficult for her.

Thus, he did not rescue her from her predicament.

He simply stood there without saying anything. Suddenly, someone pulled his sleeve. Justin lowered his head to see Pete standing by his leg and gently tugging his arm. When he looked over, the boy asked in his young and tender voice, “Daddy, aren’t you worried that someone will snatch Mommy away?”

Justin: “?”

He raised his eyebrows. Only then did he realize that everyone around them had stopped talking and were looking at both father and son in surprise.