Chapter 529 - Is Karl Really An Accomplice?

Both of Karl’s hands were raised when he spoke.

He stood in between Morris’ gun and Tanya, using his body to block her as if he was afraid that someone would misfire and end up injuring Tanya.

Morris looked at Nora.

Nora nodded slightly at him.

Only then did Morris say, “Change here.”

“Okay.”

Karl took off his suit and folded it neatly. He wanted to pass it to the worker next to him, but the worker was so scared that he was already squatting next to him with his hands over his head.

He could only pass the clothes to Joel.

Joel was staring at him with a frown. “Dad…”

“It’s fine, it’s fine.”

Karl patted his hand lightly. “It’s just a misunderstanding. I’m fine.”

Joel’s jaw tensed up and he looked at Morris. He was about to take a step forward and say something, but Karl stepped in front of him and stopped him. He shook his head. Then, without daring to look at Tanya, he said in a low voice, “Take good care of Tanya and Mia.”

After saying that, he reached into his pocket.

“Freeze!”

A plainclothes officer yelled warily at him.

Karl immediately raised his hand. He looked at the few men again and said gently, “Don’t get worked up, don’t get worked up… I told you, I won’t resist. I’m just taking out something.”

Morris nodded again.

Karl took out a bank card from his pocket and handed it to Joel. Joel was surprised. “This is?”

Karl smiled. “My wedding gift for the two of

you.”

After saying that, he held his hands over his head and walked towards Morris step by step. Before he reached them, Tanya suddenly asked, “You… What’s the matter?”

Karl looked back at her. He was still smiling and his voice was comforting. “I’m fine, I really am. Don’t worry, it’s just a small matter. You don’t have to worry. Just rest assured and prepare for the wedding. I will try my best to come back on your wedding day. I promised that I will personally marry you off.”

Tanya’s eyes were red.

Dressed in the pure white wedding gown, she looked holy and clean. The sight made Karl smile.

Morris put away his gun at this point. He took a step forward, took out his handcuffs, and handcuffed Karl’s wrists. Only then did everyone else relax.

To be honest, when they discovered that Karl was the accomplice, everyone had been very nervous.

Logically speaking, it should have been very hard for them to catch a big boss like him.

Besides, from the day before to this current point in time, he actually had sufficient time to escape, but he hadn’t.

Everyone had thought that they would be in for a fierce battle, but it didn’t happen.

Karl had surrendered just like that?

Everyone looked at one another, still somewhat in disbelief.

Even when Karl was brought into the car downstairs, everyone still felt that things had progressed too easily.

In the bridal shop, it was only after Morris left with his men that Tanya seemed to finally recover. She stared straight at Joel and asked with a trembling voice, “He… Will he be okay…?”