Chapter 544 - Don't Worry, Dad

The whole place was filled with the sound of a bullet piercing through the glass. The bullet looked like it was going straight for the back of Karl’s head, and would subsequently go right through his brain and kill him on the spot!

When that happened, he would take all the grievances with him into the ground and would forever become a secret.

However, in that split second, Nora suddenly stepped forward, grabbed Karl’s suit, and pulled him to the side!

The bullet whizzed past the side of his head by a hair’s breadth, grazing him!!

Everyone was dumbfounded.

Even Karl himself didn’t seem to expect something like that to happen, so he looked stunned. Seeing that Morris and the others were about to come forward, Nora pulled the man’s sleeve and pointed his pistol at her waist again. Then, she raised her hands and shouted, “Don’t move!”

Morris and the others stopped in their tracks again.

In that instant, Karl had already recovered.

He, who had witnessed all sorts of situations and experienced countless life and death situations, had only been flustered just now because this was his daughter’s wedding. However, he quickly recovered and held Nora at gunpoint again. In fact, when he was searching for the sniper so that he could get out of the line of fire, Nora stepped forward and stood in between him and the sniper!

The cold and stiff voice rang out in the earphone again. He cursed furiously, “What is the hostage doing?!”

Someone whispered a reminder, “She is not a hostage. She’s Nora, a forensic doctor in the special department!”

The hard voice immediately became more anxious. “Then she must be wearing our earphones, right? Nora, can you hear me?” Nora’s expression remained unchanged and she stood motionless.

The cold voice spoke again. “Find a way to shift a little. You’ll be able to get out of the line of fire that way!”

Nora remained motionless.

“Damn it!”

The cold and hard voice seemed a little anxious. “What kind of forensic doctor is she? Has she undergone specialized training in the system before or not?”

“She is an externally hired forensic doctor!”

The cold voice was exasperated. “As expected, external hires are no good! Sniper, take aim. For the sake of everyone else present, you have to act decisively!”

The moment the voice said that, a low but clear voice suddenly rang out. “Captain Johnson, that’s not quite appropriate, is it?”

The voice took Nora by surprise for a moment. She turned her head and looked over subconsciously, only to see that Justin had walked over to an undercover officer at some point, taken off his Bluetooth earphone, and was currently communicating with the officers.

He spoke very aggressively. “The hostage is my fiancée. If you disregard my fiancée’s safety and insist on using such risky means to gun down the criminal, I will definitely pursue the matter!”

His words were loud and powerful-at the very least, they made the cold and hard voice choke. A moment later, he said, “Mr. Hunt, we are currently executing a mission. Please understand. The man holding your fiancée hostage is a killer who’s wanted internationally! He is very dangerous!” Justin remained tough and aggressive. “Captain Johnson, you don’t have to explain so much, I don’t understand anyway. All I know is that my fiancée’s life is currently in your hands.”