Chapter 542 - Giving Her Hand Away!!

Tanya was shaking. “What’s wrong with my father? He was wronged back then. He was forced into his current situation!”

Even though she was complaining about him just now, she couldn’t help but defend him when others badmouthed him.

Joel’s mother sighed and said, “Don’t be so averse to us. We are Mia’s grandparents, we won’t harm her.”

Pretty much right after she said that, though, an icy-cold voice came from the door. “The two of you don’t have to worry yourselves about this.”

Joel strode in.

The man, who had always been a wolf in sheep’s clothing, didn’t have a smile on his face at the moment. He looked at the couple in front of him very coldly and said, “Neither are you two Mia’s grandparents.”

At the sight of Joel, the couple looked a little flustered.

Joel’s mother sighed and said, “Joel, you can’t say that…”

Joel raised his eyebrows. “Didn’t the two of you already say so back when I was five? That you don’t want a son like me anymore! That you’re severing ties with me! You even wanted to kick me out of the Smiths at that time… If it weren’t for Uncle Ian, I’d probably have already starved to death.”

Joel’s father suddenly shouted angrily, “Watch the way you’re talking to us! No matter what, we are still your parents!”

Joel chuckled. He sounded a little sarcastic as he repeated, “Parents?”

His words made both his father and mother shut up.

Nora looked at them.

Although she had heard from Louis a long time ago that Joel didn’t get along with his parents, she hadn’t expected it to be this bad.

What exactly did they do to Joel to make him dislike them so much? To the extent that he would even mock them for calling themselves his parents?

Was he saying that despite being their son, they didn’t even treat him as well as Ian, who had adopted him?

While she was wondering, Joel’s mother said, “Joel, you’d better not be so ungrateful! If it weren’t for us, you would never be what you are today! Let alone inherit the Smiths!”

Joel smiled. “It’s Uncle Ian who agreed to me inheriting the Smiths, not the two of you.”

His words made both his parents choke.

Joel narrowed his fox-like eyes. “If you don’t want me to get angry, then please leave and live your own lives. Don’t ever attempt to dictate mine.”

His threat made his father choke. Then, he snorted, turned, and went out.

Joel’s mother took a deep breath and said, “Do you think I want to meddle in your affairs that much? You have no idea how many people out there secretly look down on that woman you’re marrying! Everyone is saying that she doesn’t even have an elder to give her hand away today! This wedding is no different from a joke!”

She raised her chin and said, “Doesn’t matter if you acknowledge us or not, I won’t attend such a wedding. I will never accept a daughter-in-law whose father is a criminal! Goodbye!”

When Nora craned her neck, she saw the woman saying something to her husband. Then, the two of them left the place for real.

As parents, they weren’t even going to attend their son’s wedding?

What weirdos.

Nora frowned.

Joel had already walked behind Tanya and was holding her shoulders.