Chapter 493 - The Misguided Nora Smith??

A servant soon opened the door. Jon said, “I’m here to see Dr. Zabe.”

When the servant heard this, he said, “Please wait a minute. He is currently with a guest.”

A guest… Jon was a little surprised.

Silvester rarely agreed to visitors, and this had been the case for many years. He rejected the visitation requests from most of the people who wanted to learn from him.

After all, he was in poor health. It was also said that he had mild problems with his memory now.

Apart from the few old-timers like him who at least had some status in the field of alternative medicine, there was almost no one else who could meet with Silvester.

However, there was an alternative medicine conference taking place that day, so the old-timers were all there at the moment. Who would visit Silvester at this time?

While thinking about it, Jon asked, “Who is it?”

The servant smiled and said nothing. Jon immediately knew that he had crossed the line. He smiled and said, “Please let him know that I’m here. I will wait here.”

“Okay.”

When the servant entered Silvester’s room, Silvester’s son just so happened to be seeing Nora out. “This way, Nora.”

Nora said, “You should also pay more attention to your health too, Mr. Zabe.”

Silvester’s son had also learned medical skills from Silvester. Therefore, even though there was a very big age gap between the two of them, Nora was actually his junior. Silvester’s son laughed and said, “Sigh, that’s the way it is once you become old. I do want my old man to live a few more years, though! This way, I can take care of him for a few more years!”

Nora heaved a silent sigh inwardly when she heard this.

When she was a child, she always heard Silvester scolding his son and calling him mediocre, because he was unhappy that he couldn’t inherit his skills in alternative medicine.

During those times, her senior would always just smile naively.

But now… Silvester was already over ninety years old, yet his son, who was in his sixties, was still by his side. Wasn’t that also bliss in some way? Some people had a lot of children, all of whom were talented, yet some went overseas and some traveled far away from home. Few stayed by their side.

Nora subconsciously thought of Pete and Cherry… Well, given how smart the two of them were, they definitely wouldn’t be clingy in the future.

Once she got on in age, the two of them likely wouldn’t keep showing up in front of her. This way, she wouldn’t become annoyed seeing them all the time, either. The only person whom she would see all the time would probably just be Jus…

No, wait!

What was she thinking? They weren’t even married yet, so why was she saving a place for him in her retirement plan?

Nora shook her head and stepped out while sighing emotionally. The moment she did, she spotted Jon at the door!

The moment the two of them made eye contact, Jon became dumbfounded.

He looked at Nora in surprise, and then at Silvester’s son in confusion. An astounded look formed on his face, but he quickly suppressed it.

Nora, however, ignored him and nodded at Silvester’s son. “I’m leaving. You don’t have to see me off any further.” Since they had a guest, he definitely wouldn’t be able to see her off anymore.