Chapter 546 - Who Says I've Been Fired?

Outsiders weren’t aware of the conversation in the special department.

By now, Nora had already returned to the Smiths’.

Tanya and Joel’s wedding was over, and all of them had gone home. As she was worried about Karl, Tanya was feeling rather down in the dumps. Knowing that she wasn’t in the best of moods, everyone else left early.

The moment Nora got home, her cell phone rang.

When she picked up the call, Justin’s voice rang out on the other end. “I took Cherry out for a stroll. She seemed a little unhappy.”

Nora nodded. “… Oh, okay.”

She obviously sounded as lazy as usual, yet the sharp Justin nonetheless sensed something. He asked, “In a bad mood?”

“Yeah.”

Nora didn’t like to whine, so she had always mulled over everything quietly by herself.

But when faced with Justin’s question, she couldn’t help but say, “I’ve been fired by the special department.” As soon as she said that, there was a moment of silence on the phone. A brief moment later, she heard a sigh from Justin, who then said, “If I say that I’m actually pretty happy about it, would you beat me up?” Nora: “?”

Justin said pitifully, “I’m always so worried about you every time you’re out on a mission. Now that you’ve finally been fired, you can stay at home safely and spend more time with the children.”

“??י :Nora

Why was what he was saying sounding so off?

The corners of her lips spasmed, and she couldn’t help feeling that their roles had been reversed!

Justin let out a low chuckle and asked, “Do I sound like a house-husband?”

Nora: “!!”

Justin sounded very relaxed as he added, “It’s their loss for firing you. I can only say that they are blind. You don’t have to feel sad about it. The way I see it, they will be crying and begging you to go back very soon!”

Nora raised her eyebrows. “Why do you say that?”

Justin chuckled again. “Didn’t they invite Q to join the team? Also, if your identity as Big Sister is exposed, they will definitely be even more desperate…”

Nora thought for a while about what he had said and suddenly felt that that was indeed the case.

A smile formed on her lips and she opened the door and entered the living room. She was about to speak again when she noticed Ian, who was in his wheelchair, in the living room contemplating something in silence. Upon hearing her coming in, Ian immediately looked at her.

Nora was a little surprised. “Were you waiting for me?”

Ian nodded. Then, he suggested hesitantly, “Let’s have a chat?”

Nora walked up to him and casually tossed her phone into her pocket.

Thinking that Justin would hang up, she didn’t disconnect the call.

Then, she pushed Ian’s wheelchair to the garden.

The weather was very fine that day. Tanya and Joel had picked a good day for the wedding.

The sun shone down upon them, yet it was neither glaring nor intense. It felt refreshing and comfortable as the two of them walked in the shade in the garden.

Ian suddenly said, “Nora, the way that Karl risked being arrested just to come back and give Tanya’s hand away in marriage today moved me greatly.”