Chapter 517 - Exposing Her Own Identity!

Blaine had arranged for the competition to be held in the grand hall.

His purpose in doing so was to provoke the students in the school. After all, these students had yet to become part of the working society, so they were some of the most passionate people around.

When Nora arrived at the school’s entrance, she could already see reporters heading to the grand hall.

She frowned slightly, not understanding why the school wasn’t doing anything about it. Right at this moment, she heard the reporters’ voices:

“Hah, even though we had strongly requested that the medical university suspend and investigate Anti, they rejected our request and are defending her very fiercely. On top of that, they even said that this isn’t a competition of skills but more like a debate instead, and have sincerely invited everyone from the medical profession to come over and watch! How are they so confident that they can clear Anti’s name?”

“Exactly. I’m also very confused. It’s as though the university has something they can use as leverage. I don’t believe they can really clear her name!”

The two of them entered the school while discussing the topic.

Nora, however, stood where she was and broke into a frown.

A moment later, her lips suddenly curled into a smile.

To be honest, foreign universities had also invited her to become a professor or take on similar positions in their schools before, but she had rejected them all. She had only become an external professor at the medical university because of Shaw.

She didn’t have any feelings for the New York University of Medicine.

After all, the school was ridden with all sorts of issues, such as the postgraduate entrance examination the other time, as well as Michael Lange…

However, in this instant, she suddenly felt like the school was actually very cute and lovable.

Their level of magnanimity alone already put the New York University of Medicine way above the foreign universities!

The thought of all the messages criticizing alternative medicine on foreign websites made Nora narrow her eyes. She strode toward the auditorium.

She came relatively late. By then, the people in the auditorium were already split into three different factions.

One faction was made up of firm supporters of modern medicine. Blaine was their leader.

Another faction was made up of supporters of alternative medicine. Jon and Elaine were their leaders. Some students of alternative medicine in the school were also part of the group.

The last faction was made up of people remaining neutral. Dean Shaw was the leader. Michael and Lisa, as well as Sheril who was concerned for Nora, were all standing there.

Blaine and Jon were currently lashing out at each other while throwing medical terms around. Blaine even cited a few patient case studies as a challenge for Jon.

Blaine had initially proposed that each side would provide a few patients for the other side to treat, but the plan was rejected. After all, it was highly inappropriate to bring the patients to the venue.

Besides, they didn’t bring the instruments and equipment used in modern medicine, either.

Both sides debated endlessly with each other, and their words became increasingly sharper.

When Nora arrived, Dean Shaw was making a concluding speech. He said, “Whether it is alternative medicine or modern medicine, both are meant for the patients’ well-being. We should not be promoting one and belittling the other! Therefore, there is no meaning to the debate today at all! Mr. Myers, you’re an old-timer in the field of alternative medicine. I only have one question for you—is modern medicine really inferior to alternative medicine? Can you guarantee that you have never taken any modern drugs in your entire life? Or that you have never had any CT scans done?”