Chapter 545 Another Secret Identity~ How he had escaped?

Everyone was aware that there was a traitor in the special department.

Was Karl intending to confess and plead for leniency?

From the looks of it, for Tanya’s sake, he had indeed thought things through and made up his mind.

Nora and Morris were about to speak when the door of the interrogation room was suddenly pushed open. A middle-aged man, who looked about fifty years old, strode in.

The man, who looked furious, immediately stared at Nora after he entered. He said, “What’s the matter with you?! As a member of the special department, even if you’re an externally hired forensic doctor, you should not be letting someone point a gun at you!”

Nora frowned as she looked at him.

Morris spoke up at this point. He said, “This is Captain Johnson, who is also my mentor. He was the one who guided me when I first entered this line of business.”

Nora looked at the man.

So, he was the one who had ordered the sniper to fire just now?

The man’s aura was identical to Morris’s, and both of them were cold and steely men. But for some reason, Nora didn’t like him very much.

Morris looked at Johnson and slowly explained, “Captain Johnson, Ms. Smith is an externally hired forensic doctor. She is only responsible for studying and researching the genetic modification drugs that the special department investigates and confiscates. Therefore, it is very understandable that she wouldn’t be able to keep up in terms of physical strength.”

Johnson stared at Nora. “She can’t keep up in terms of physical strength? The way I see it, she’s a spy. Why did you block the bullet for Karl Moore just now?”

Nora raised her eyebrows, her almond-shaped eyes looking somewhat innocent. “What bullet?”

Johnson snapped, “You placed yourself in the line of fire between him and the sniper to help him! Stop pretending!” Nora said, “What are you talking about, Captain Johnson? I’m just a weak and powerless externally hired forensic doctor. How would I know about the bullet trajectory of the sniper rifle?”

Her words made Johnson choke.

However, Morris, who was standing beside them, glanced at her with a cold look on his face.

Nora kept standing where she was and feigned innocence. Johnson was infuriated. He pointed at her and ranted at Morris. “Look at how she’s using her ignorance to justify her actions! We don’t need someone like her in the special department!”

Morris frowned.

At this point, Johnson spoke again. He said, “Also, Karl’s escape is definitely an inside job. In that case, who is the traitor in the department? Going by how well she cooperated with Karl today, it may just be her!”

Morris immediately said, “Watch what you say, sir! As a police officer, we mustn’t say anything without evidence.”

“Hah…” Johnson was likely terribly outraged. He said, “Then we won’t discuss this today. I have already looked thoroughly into Ms. Smith’s background while on the way here, and I will tell you now—she is not suitable for the special department!” Morris frowned. “Sir, you…”

Johnson held his hand up and stopped Morris from speaking. He said, “Listen to my reasons for saying that first! Nora Smith’s mother is Yvette Anderson! And Yvette Anderson is someone we can confirm was a member of the mysterious organization back then! That alone makes Nora Smith unsuitable to remain in the special department!”