Chapter 560 - Black Cat

Before Nora could raise objections, Brenda scoffed and said, “Captain Johnson, you must back up your claims with reasonable evidence! She also said that this Y was real when she claimed to know him! How can we be sure that the Black Cat she knows is real?” Johnson sneered. “Of course I have my own way of verifying this! Moreover, not only is the Black Cat she knows real, but Ruth has also gotten in contact with Black Cat for us! Those men that we arrested still haven’t revealed any useful information. After Black Cat heard about it, he has decided to design some interrogation methods for us! Ruth and Black Cat will discuss and jointly decide on the specific methods!”

After he spoke, he clapped his hands by himself and said, “Therefore, let’s let the little misunderstanding today pass. There’s no need to keep harping on it. Ruth is young and has not been exposed to fraud syndicates. Moreover, those conmen’s tricks are too sophisticated. It is normal that she would fall for it!”

The rest of the staff immediately echoed him. “Yeah, it’s nothing much that she fell for it!”

Even Damon said, “Yeah, it’s nothing. Besides, you’ve never seen Y either. But you’ve met Black Cat in person before, right?”

With her eyes red, Ruth bowed and said, “I’m sorry, I’ve really let all of you down. I also feel very embarrassed about it. I met Y through the Internet, but I’m good friends with Black Cat in private. I definitely won’t be deceived on that. Besides, Black Cat has already agreed to discuss with me the interrogation methods. I will definitely give everyone a proposal within the next two days!”

She wiped her tears and heaved a silent sigh. She said, “The incident with Y was a huge misunderstanding on my part. Ms. Smith, you were the one who asked Mr. Hunt to get Y to come forward, right? Thank you so much. If it weren’t for you, I’d still be thinking that the YI knew was real and be kept in the dark!”

Nora: “…”

Ruth’s level of hypocrisy and bitchiness was really beyond her!

The corners of Nora’s lips spasmed.

Ruth stared at Nora. Her expression was still aggrieved and apologetic, but a touch of contempt and disgust welled up in her.

The incident with Y was indeed negligence on her part.

She’d originally thought that big figures like Q and Y wouldn’t be involved in competitiveness between women, so she hadn’t linked the incident to Nora.

But unexpectedly, in order to beat her in their reputation, Nora had simultaneously gotten both hackers to make an appearance!

One could say that she had spent a lot of money just to make things difficult for her!

However, Q and Y were people whom the Smith Corporation and the Hunt Corporation could easily contact. With the two companies’ financial and material resources, it was very understandable that Nora would win this round.

But no matter how powerful the Smith Corporation and the Hunt Corporation were, there was no way they would know Black Cat!

She had already asked around.

When Karl first returned to the States, things had been very unpleasant between him and the Smiths and the Hunts. He’d even threatened the two heads of the families with Black Cat.

Therefore, Black Cat was definitely someone that the Smiths and the Hunts couldn’t get in contact with!

No one would be able to expose her again for sure this time.

With that in mind, Ruth became rather smug deep down.

What was the big deal about being temporarily suppressed? Johnson had invited her into the special department precisely because of her identity as a master of interrogation. Only by exhibiting superb working ability would she be able to conquer the people in the department!