Chapter 547 - Nora Is So Popular~

Mrs. Hunt was taken aback. “What do you mean? Weren’t you fired?”

Nora didn’t pay any more attention to her. After all, chatting with her was a total waste of time. She politely replied, “I’m going to bed. Goodnight.”

And then, she hung up.

If she weren’t Justin’s grandmother, she couldn’t even be bothered to say goodnight.

How dare she say that she was unskilled in building interpersonal relationships? Hah.

Nora picked up the phone and sent a message to Solo: ‘How do you find me as a person?’

Solo, who was far away in Switzerland, gnashed his teeth in fury upon seeing her text message.

If she hadn’t saved his life, he wouldn’t have been enslaved and suppressed by her so easily.

But did he dare to fight back? Of course not.

Thus, Solo replied: “You’re fantastic! Absolutely great!”

Nora was very satisfied. See? Even someone as unsociable and eccentric as Solo thought that she was a great person. Why would she be poor at building and maintaining interpersonal relationships with others?

Solo sent another message: “I’m going back to the States in a couple of days and will be in New York. Wanna meet?”

He was coming back to New York?

Didn’t that mean that it would be perfect for her to use him to cover up her identity?

Nora didn’t want her identity as Q to be exposed. Thus, she replied: ‘Good timing. I have something I need you to do.’ Nora put down the phone, completely unsuspecting that she might not really be great at interpersonal relationships, after all. When she was about to go to bed, someone knocked on the door.

She opened the door to find Joel outside. He had an anxious look on his face. “Nora, what exactly is going on with Karl?”

Nora replied calmly, “He is very confident, and even told me that he’ll be fine.”

Joel: “?”

It had become more difficult for him to ask around and get news from the special department this time. Rather than asking others for news, he might as well just straight-up ask Nora.

Thus, after Karl was taken away, he had been waiting for her to come home while he also continued getting his men to ask around and find out what had happened.

10

But he didn’t expect that all she would say was just a few words?

Perhaps it wasn’t convenient for her to tell outsiders about the ongoings in the special department.

But… Never mind. Given how reticent this younger sister of his was, she wouldn’t be able to give him a clear account of what had happened even if he wanted to hear about it.

With that in mind, Joel nodded. Then, he patted her on the shoulder and said, “I heard about what happened to you. It’s okay, don’t be depressed about it.”

“… What happened to me?” asked Nora.

Joel was surprised. “You know, you’ve been fired!”

Nora blinked. “Why would I be depressed about it?”

Joel: “??”

The siblings stared at each other for a short while. Then, Joel coughed and turned to leave. As soon as he turned, Nora suddenly called out to him, “Joel.”