Chapter 47

3rd Person

The five teens sat around the fire, Annabeth finally started it again. Silence.

Tanner gave Percy a confused glance, but Percy only shrugged.

"Why are you here again?" Tanners voice cracked.

"I'm on a quest, I have a reason. You guys just bolted out of camp." Clarisse rolled her eyes.

Percy groaned and cursed. "That, that doesn't matter. We're saving Grover and Camp."

"Doesn't matter?!" She yelled while standing up. "We didn't know where you guys went, we thought maybe you, maybe you..." she trailed off.

Percy finally realized she was worried. His face fell.

"Clarisse, I'm sorry."

She ignored him. "So what do you guys know about the quest?"

"30,31N;75,12W." Annabeth said. "That's where the Grover is, along with the Golden Fleece."

Clarisse cursed.  "Stupid Grover, falling into the right place again. He's so stupidly lucky."

"What do you mean?" Percy asked.

"Golden Fleece, you, Thalia? All important people and things."

"Important?" He repeated quietly.

...........

Percy stood on a crowded street, people rushing around, going to shops and such. He wasn't alone. Two people stood next to him, in cloaks with hoods covering their faces just like the one he wore.

One of them said, "all these people have no idea how important we are." His voice was smug, but relieved, like being important was tiring.

Words came out of Percy's mouth by themselves, he couldn't control it. "Important?" He scoffed. "You must earn respect to be important. You must prove it, you aren't born with importance. Once you prove you deserve it, you gain the peoples respect and trust, then you can be important, brother."

From under her cloak, the lady next to him smile. "Well said. Now come on, let's go shopping."

His 'brother' jumped up. "Yes! Shopping!" 

............

"Percy? Percy. Percy!"

"Yeah?"

"We're leaving now, did you hear any of our plan?" Annabeth said.

"No, did you come up with it?"

"Yeah, some of it." She looks confused.

"Then I'm sure it'll be great." He walked onto Clarisses boat and grabbed walked to the front.

........

There was a long boat ride. Tanner threw up thrice. Even Clarisse was getting anxious.

Percy, on the other hand, was in heaven. He enjoyed commanding the undead soldiers and sailing the open sea. He could sail forever.

Except, he couldn't. He needed to sleep, and there was a HUGE blockage.

Clarisse cursed when they came close to it, sending Percy to sleep before he tried to sail them through or control water. "Quick, go sleep so we can plan."

He listened and went below deck. He tried sleeping, he was so tired, but something wouldn't let him. He tossed and turned, he tried breathing slowly, he even tried a prayer to Hypnos, but none of it worked.

Percy leaned over and tapped Tanner on their arm. "Can't sleep Perce?"

He nodded sadly. They laughed softly. "Drink some tea."

Off the table they pulled a mug. Percy obligated and drank some. He nodded his head, and then nodded off to sleep.

........
Obviously Percy had some dreams.

He was in a paradise, it was nice. A beachfront with a spa behind it. He could stay there forever.

He found himself unable to move, which normally would have made him uncomfortable, but instead he felt more at ease, breathing in pace with the waves.

The waves gentle lapped at the soft sand beneath his feet. He noticed some people at the spa, but ignored them. They weren't important, the ocean was.

Percy smiled and closed his eyes. Without thinking or wanting to, his body lowered down to lay out in the sand. He could make out the glaring sun through his eyelids, yet the heat wasn't unbearable. In fact, it was actually slightly chilly.

As he laid in perfect bliss, he heard a voice start to sing melodiously. It was beautiful, but off putting. His eyes shot open and he tried to look around and saw a women with dark hair and green eyes. She was tall, with a kind face. 

When she saw Percy, she smiled and waved him over. He smiled back, but was still unable to move himself. "Come to C.C's!" She shouted.

"Ok!" Percy promised instantly.

....

"Percy! Percy!"

"What? What?" He said groggily.

"The engine is overheating." Annabeth said.

"What am I supposed to do about? The one time I have a good dream," he shouts.

Her face falls. "Sorry, just thought you should know." She says, downhearted.

Percy lays back down as she leaves. He curses himself. "Was I too mean?" He runs a hand through his hair.

"Just a little bit, man." Tanner said.

He jumped and cursed. "You know, for a child of the Sun god, you are in the dark quite a lot."

"Just waiting for the spotlight." They smile widely, holding up finger guns.

Percy laughed. "You'll get it, for all the right reasons." He paused, then frowned. "Is it hot in here?"

Tanner couldn't tell if he was joking, uncertainly saying, "or is it just me?"

Then they too felt it. The heat, it was horrid. It sat around the two for a few minutes, they both had thick, sticky, moist sweat dripping.

Percy wanted to shout, but he couldn't. He groaned, unable to even lift his eyelids. Tanner couldn't sit up and fell to the floor with a thud.

Everything was quiet for a minute, before BOOM!!! The boat had exploded. The part Percy and Tanner had sat on was luckily mainly intact, and still had a good amount of supplies.

He cursed loudly. Multiple times. Scanning the wreckage, and then grabbing the only body he could find and moving on.

They seemed to have made it across the weird spiral water ground thing.

The body was Annabeth's. She wasn't conscious and was definitely having nightmares. Percy tried to wake her up but, to no avail.

"Just me, the open sea, and two unconscious bodies." He said, sighing, "so cool."

A/N happy birthday Percy