Chapter 21

Percy POV

Just as I was about to say no, Luke says, "sure. Why not?"

He says this with the biggest smile on his face. How? Doesn't he sense something off? I hope Annabeth senses something. She's my last hope.

"Yeah. We'd love to."

No. Why? I mean, maybe my nerves are fried. But you can never be to careful.

"But we can't, can we?" I insist, "Uncle H is waiting."

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind us being late. He'd very understanding." Annabeth tells the group.

"Fine. I guess your right." I say in a slightly threatening manner.

The old lady prepares us and has us stand in her preference. I'm in the middle, Luke's to my right, Annabeth on my left.

"Ready?" The lady questions.

Then it hits me. She doesn't have a camera, nor anything with a camera.

"No," I say trying to make my voice sound dreamily.

I then bring my mouth level with Annabeth's ear. I make sure to look like I'm in a trance the whole time. I whisper, "Focus. She doesn't have a camera. When I say ready, run. But right now look like your in a trance."

I do the same with Luke. But he tells me it's probably Medusa. Great.

"Ready, Ma'am."

My friends eyes widen and I nod. Good, they're smart. They took off running.

The lady/Medusa gasps. "You know who I am?" She states, but it sounds like a question.

I nod slightly, and summon Sun. "Leave it to 'Thena to make horrible creatures to terrorize poor demigods." I mutter, though I'm not sure where it came from.

I'm obviously referring to Athena, but why like that. I can't ponder that too long, as Annabeth cuts through my thoughts.

"Use your sword to reflect her face."

That's smart. It is very reflective. So I do just that. It was a little difficult, but I managed.

Annabeth covered the head when I was finished. "What do we do with it?"

Suddenly, I had an idea. "Ship it to Olympus." I said, running off.

I needed to focus hard. Hermes, Hermes, Hermes. Come here please.

I threw a dramaca (A/N spelling?) into the air. It disappeared and a man flashed in.

He had blue eyes, similar to Luke's. His hair was salt and pepper. He had sandals which had fluttering wings. His helmet was the same.

"What do you need? I'm on a very busy schedule and I..." he trailed off looking at me. "Perseus? And Luke, my son. And then, ah. What's your name? Annabel?"

"Its Annabeth, sir."

"Ok. Perseus, is that you? My half brother?"

"What? No. I'm Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon. I'm leading this quest to recover the master bolt, helm of darkness, and my fathers trident."

"Oh. You just look like my half brother. He died thousands of years ago, but I didn't think death could hold him." Hermes looked truly disappointed. "But may I ask why you called?"

"I need you to ship this to Olympus. Umm, here's the payment." I handed him so coins.

"Ok." I can tell he's having flashbacks to his time with the other Perseus.

He flashed away, along with the head.

Luke and Annabeth turned to face me. "How on earth did you get him to come?" They said in sync, which was scary.

"I prayed 'Hermes, Hermes, Hermes, come her please,' then I threw some dramaca into the air and poof, god of thieves."

They looked skeptical, but didn't push. "So where to now?"

"Nearest train station," Luke suggests.

I ponder this. It's the quickest and most efficient way to get west. But it's mostly likely to have monsters and people. I also feel better in the woods, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It's calming.

"Let's find a map." I say. "We can find the best route west. Trains will probably have monsters."

My friends nod in response.

"The elevator has broken, please wait until this has been fixed," we hear of the intercom.

Oh no. We have to get out of here.

How to get out? How to get out? Then it hit me harder than Gabe. Jump off the railing into the river. Poseidon was god of the sea and rain. There had to be some rain water in the river.

"Um. I have I plan. I'm not sure if you two will like it, but it's a plan."

"It's the only thing we've got. Hit us with it." Luke told me.

"Ok. My plan is actually pretty simple. There's only one step. Well, two really." I looked at them both seriously. "We jump over the railing into the Mississippi River. Then we run."

"We'd die from this height." Annabeth exclaimed.

"Not with a son of Poseidon, you won't." I argue.

"I don't know. How can we be sure that we won't be smashed flat? Luke said.

I thought for a second. "I'll go first. If I don't die, I'll summon water and try to float in the middle to catch you. Or I'll jump and you guys can wait a minute or two to see if the elevator gets fixed."

"Or you can wait with us." Annabeth says. "It seems like you really want to jump 640 feet into a river."

"You know the fates. They won't have the elevator fixed until one of us leaves."

"Fine. We'll do plan B. Then plan A." Luke tells me. "We'll cover you."

Let's get jumping.

I climb he railing easy enough, it's only up to just above my hips. I stand gripping the railing, standing on the side of the St. Louis Arc.

I plant me feet so I'm leaning off the side.

"Hey, kid. What are you doing?"

Shoot. I was gonna do some flip thing but it's too late now. I push off the side of the wall, flip, and then nosedived (A/N is that the right word) down towards the Mississippi River.

"Percy!" Annabeth's voice called out.

"Kid!" The employee said, then muttered, "I'm gonna get fired for this."

Then I showed off. A couple flips here and there. Back flips, front flips, side flips, you name it I did. Then I hit the bottom.

The cold water was murky, almost green colored. But, hey, I didn't die or go ᔕᑭᒪᗩT. That's a first, something went right. Finally, after all this time.