Chapter 11

Percy POV

I was ready to fight Annabeth. Luke and I would secretly practice sword fighting when we woke up early sometimes. So I've been practicing more.

We took our stances. Her's was up a little more, so she could observe my moves. Mine was down a bit so I could move around faster.

Then, we charged. I aimed for her legs, she aimed for my shoulder. We both dodged. We went on like that for a few minutes. She would aim high, I would aim low, we'd both dodge.

Then, I shocked her and went high. She was caught by surprise and stumbled, but didn't fall. I decided it was time for Sun. But I'm dramatic.

So I throw the other sword and said, "I could probably beat you without that sword, Chase."

"Getting cocky now, huh," she said back. Though I could tell she knew I was planing something. I was a lot of things, but not cocky or stupid. Well, maybe I'm a little stupid.

Then I snapped my fingers and muttered some Greek nonsense words. I also called to Sun in my head, hoping this would go right.

It worked. Sun appeared in my hand and Annabeth was flustered. I easily disarmed her and point Sun to her throat.

"Do you yield, Chase?"

"Yes, Potter."

"Yes, what?" I say, playing dumb.

"I yield." She says, annoyed.

"To who?"

"I yield to you, Jackson." She's says.

"Ok,"

I drop my sword and it disappears.

"Let's keep that sword a secret." Chiron says.

I nod. "Let's go pack."

The three of us walk out of the arena, towards the cabins. When we reach the Athena cabin, we say bye to Annabeth. We decided to meet by Thalia's tree.

After Athena's cabin, my thoughts drifted to the prophecy. Fail to save what matters most until I mend. To me, that's probably my mom. I don't want to fail to save her. But I guess me do is good. Though how long will mending take.

"Here's a bag," Luke says, breaking my thoughts and handing me a blue backpack.

"Thanks," I mutter.

I don't have much to pack. My minotaur horn is the only thing I have. I end up packing only clothes.

Before Luke and I leave, Chris, a son of Hermes, come over to us.

"Here," he says, handing us each a pair of winged helmets, "they'll help."

"Thanks Chris." Luke says.

"Yeah, thank you so much Chris." I tell him.

"No problem, it's what brothers, and cousins, do."

We all chuckle a bit. Luke and I wave goodbye as we walk towards the hill.

We walk in complete silence.